will it fit

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  recon250 
#1 ·
will 38's fit with a 4'' lift and cut outs

#5 ·
it should.. i have a 4 an 37s

#7 ·
41x14.5x20 fit 4" lift and cutsouts. Do a search for tank's 250

The only thing you will rub on is the leaf or radius arm depending on which suspension you have. What is key is rim width and size. The wider the rim given a fixed backspacing the more it pushes the tire bulge away from the inside. The other is rim diameter. The more sidewall the more you end up with bulge but less critical than width. Example a setup where a 38x15.50 will rub leaf with a 10" wide rim but not a 12" wide rim both with 4.5" backspacing.

4" lift and 38x15.5x20 on a 20x12 rim 4.5 backspacing will only hit if at all at compete lockout and it would be a light rub. There is some varation with each setup i.e. different tire , wheel, suspension manf, etc but is close. 15.5 wide tires need at least a 12" wide rim. Its the min list spec by the tire manf and you have perf loss and faster tire wear as well as possible rub if you go with a 10" wide rim.

#8 ·
The set-up I've ran.

36" Iroks, cut-outs, no lift...........20 x 10 wheel, 4.5" bs,...no rubbing
39.5" Iroks, cut-outs, 4.5" lift........20 x 10 wheel, 4.5" bs,...no rubbing
41" Iroks, cut-outs, 4.5" lift........20 x 10 wheel, 4.5" bs,...minor rubbing on radius arms.

#9 ·
I've seen your setup it nice. Don't care about tire wear I replace them after 5000 miles regardless. I'm keeping the 10's. Going with 38" bfg. Thanksfor the info guys. Anybody close to Washington want to buy a 8" lift

#10 ·
Why do you only run them 5000miles ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.