Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Harley Heads and Smokes tails

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  99F250Smitty 
#1 ·
Im a cheapazz so I bought the eagle eyes harley heads off fleabay and whent ahead and retinted my tails..for the tailights I used a base/clear cocktail and am happy with how they came out..more pics to come later in the week when I put them on. couple pics of how they look and how the truck use to look:D

See less See more
#4 ·
Comp 7.3L is the motor back in the truck, Is it running? What kind of lift are you running with all your different wheel combos just level kit? The harley lights should go well with your truck!

#5 ·
Id like to know the cocktail you used to do the tails. I need to get mine done bad.

#6 ·
I have a add a leaf up front and some custom bumper trimming to fit all the diffrent wheels and tires on my truck..ive ran two sets of 35s and was able to run 33x15.50s....my cocktail doesnt have any certan ratio I just add base till im happy with the tint, really simple to do and looks better than the nightshades in my opinion, p.m me and I can try to come up with a ratio if youd like...truck isnt running but give me acouple more days:evil

#10 ·
What kind of clear coat did you use?

#14 ·
on these lights I used Finish One from Napa...not a bad clear and I had it just sitting in my shop from doing some work on a buddies truck...the vht does look good after cleared over
I planned on using the VHT, but I've heard that some clear will eat it away :confused:

#17 ·
I've seen it done both ways, and it looks good, regardless of which way you do it. I've never been able to get the ratio right - its always too dark.

I went with VHT + clear, 2 coats of each. They could use another coat IMO, but they still look darker than stock, and plenty of light shines through.

On a sidenote, do you guys not like the stock reverse lights? I taped mine off, and even added some aux reverse lights, and I think the two work to gether well. I mean, I do understand making it look uniform, but I cant stand not to be able to see where I'm backing up.

Here's mine:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.