Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Awesome Product, Awesome Power, Excellent Customer Service!!!

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Tailboard Jockey 
#1 ·
Gentlemen,

Just got back to the United States............been deployed to Afghanistan for the last 7 months! Had a lot of time to catch up on some truck-related reading. As I was thumbing through a recent issue of Diesel Power magazine, I came across a company called DC Power Engineering. Got really interested in their products, so I went to their website to do some additional research. Decided that eventually, I'd need to replace my stock alternator, since I already have 102k miles on my truck. Additionally, I have a lot of aftermarket electronics (navigation system, dvd player, stereo system including multiple speakers, subwoofer, amps, stiffening capacitor, satellite radio, DC power inverter, bed lighting, etc.). I also pull a Montana 5th wheel regularly. As some of you may have already surmised, my stock alternator was probably woefully inadequate anyway.

At any rate, after talking with the guys at DC Power Engineering, we decided that the SP-270 would be more than enough to meet the power requirements of my truck, so I bought one of these beasts ($489.00) They claim that their alternators produce half to two-thirds of their maximum output at idle. Had to verify this one first, and the good guys at DC Power Engineering were more than happy to oblige! Please don't take my word for it.............go to this website on YouTube and see it for yourself!

We had a slight mix-up on the date that I was to have my alternator installed, so because I had to come back to Riverside (I live in San Clemente CA) for a second time, these guys went out of their way to make sure that I was happy. Not only did they upgrade me from the SP model to the XP model (20 additional amps) free of charge, but they also had my new alternator powder-coated to match the paint color of my truck! How's that for customer service!!! I have included some pictures below, so you guys can see how they hooked me up!

I can't tell you how pleased I am with this company. If you think you might need to upgrade your alternator either now or in the future, give these guys a call...............you'll be glad you did! They have products that match up with our trucks perfectly.

Attachments

See less See more
1 5
#13 ·
Oh My God!!!!! And I thought mine was beautiful................I can hang that baby of yours in my bathroom and brush my teeth in the morning! Love that CHROME!

#14 ·
I'm told that it's somewhere between 270-290 amps!

#8 ·
Man, thank you so much for your service! A man that protects our countries freedom and then comes home as a diesel enthusiast... You are a dang good American! Thank you for you service, sir. I'm sure any of us here would be more than happy to help you with any questions or issues you have.

#10 ·
thank you for your service!
I think your review just sold another DC alt to me! definitely in consideration now. Running 1300w of stereo on top of many other gadgets in my rig. Wouldn't be a bad investment at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.