Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intakes roughly done.....

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Tom S 
#1 ·
Okay for those of you that read te last post sorry for all the confusion, I'm not out for arguements, have something bad to say, say it don't type it.Questions are welcme though. Here is the OBS intake kit summed up. It isnt finished, it needs to be prettied up, but thats it. It preforms like a SOB and WAAAAAAAY better than my old S&B.
My egts dropped about 160+ degrees, its hard to imagine but dang guys I wouldnt lie to yall.

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good to me. I was thinkin of doin somethin similar with my aFe Big boost and some diamond plate I found.

#4 ·
and thats why we love ya aljay.....although i do disagree lol, i think for a homemade intake the craftsmen ship is wonderful. sure it could use a bigger filter but hey if isolating drops your egts that much more power to ya man way to go!

#5 ·
The filter is pretty big. Its and 8 inch filter. It isnt like yalls BHAF, but it flows waaaayyy better. It honestly is like putting an intercooler on my pickup, I didn't think that a intake could do what this did. It kicks ass

Honesty is great man and speakin your word is your right and ability, but I'm not out for an arguement.

Cheers fellas,
Dylan

#7 ·
its gotta be the heat sheild that made alot of the difference

#10 ·
glad it worked for you, where'd the battery go

#11 ·
lol believe me aljay i agree, and i love my tymar too lol im just saying the guy has put some nice work into his heat sheild and i like that but heck i commented so im out yall ttyl

#12 ·
Well thanks fellas. Theres only one way to witness the effects of this intake and I've seen what a tymar intake left behind personally and all I can say is no truck I own will have it or the Napa. It works great, flows a ton, and the money you put in a intercooler is way more than the money you put in this and seriously it lowered my egt's that much. It lowered them over my S&B. See me running around? stop me ask me, I'll let you drive it. Burleson, TX look for me

Im sure the mods love me preaching another persons product while the paying site sponsers dont get benifits from it so I'm done posting on this thread.

Thanks again,
Dylan

#13 ·
#14 ·
Where does it drop your EGT's by 160*? At cruise, at WOT, pulling a trailer, and is this pre-turbo or post-turbo? I'm asking, as a 160* EGT drop from a stock intake to an aftermarket intake is huge, let alone something like a TYMAR to this.

Also, you need to relocate your IAT sensor, it's not designed to be directly in the airstream.

Dave

#15 ·
might be a stupid ? but where does the 3/4" hose coming off of the intake go?

#16 ·
Its post turbo reading. Thats all across the band. Post turbo a WOT I dont touch 850*.

I didnt think the IAT sensor was suppose to be but it works flawlessly.

The hose comes from the other valve cover to pull an CCV evenly across the motor.

#21 ·
For starters, read before you post. It clears up threads from dumb questions and doesn't waste time.
I've got two batteries too, how strange. Who would have thought. Small world man, your truck has two batteries just like mine. LOL

#24 ·
No $hit sherlock. Where is the other battery at?

Jobe? LOL
Most people look for PRE turbo temps, however, i've heard temps vary when comparing to POST turbo temps, and 160 degrees seems like a HUGE drop in EGTs, especially over a Tymar. But I'm a 6.0 guy, I know nothing.

This could get interesting...
Oh they do. I have my pyro in the downpipe for awhile. Hottest it would ever see was 900 at the most post turbo. Now with it being pre-turbo hottest it will see is 1200...

I think I will stick to my tymar style filter...

#22 ·
Jobe? LOL
Most people look for PRE turbo temps, however, i've heard temps vary when comparing to POST turbo temps, and 160 degrees seems like a HUGE drop in EGTs, especially over a Tymar. But I'm a 6.0 guy, I know nothing.

This could get interesting...

#25 ·
looks great how did you go about making the heat shield

#27 ·
Well he said he had two batteries I figured I would let him know I have two too. Ha! Mine are in the tool box now.

No I'm not related to Reagan. He is a friend. Nice guy to chat with and a smart man with limited recourses. Just givin him the chance he deserves. And I still don't want an arguement one here guys. I'm here to make friends, not goin to well is it?

Cheers fellas,
Dylan.

#30 ·
This thread is just not headed in the right direction and has not been so for a while. Time for it to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.