Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

twin stock turbos

12K views 129 replies 32 participants last post by  Chimera 
#1 ·
anyone ever ran 2 of the factory turbos on a 6.0 not shure what the control is on them but the cost of all the replacement turbos compared to buying a precision and running your own piping is sky high. just wondered why you couldnt run 2 factory units

#6 ·
what are the housings? I was thinking the turbos were small. I just bought a new pt101 for my car NEW for $1900 and new 60mm precision gate and bov for another 5-600. I cant find #### for turbos on these things for a reasonable price. I see factory turbos everywhere cheap. I had thought about getting something like this but would be just about the same fab work to do it right. Would also want the smaller housing like maybe 1.0 or smaller. Is there a larger factory unit on any other trucks that would be easy to find

Borg Warner S400w/71mm compressor wheel with Extended Tip Technology, 1.32 A/R exhaust

Turbo Specs:
Compressor Wheel Inducer/Exducer 71mm x 100mm
Turbine Wheel Inducer/Exducer 96mm x 87mm
Turbine Outlet 5 Inch V-Band
Turbine Inlet T6 Divided
Turbine A/R - 1.32
Horsepower Rating 450-950

$599.00

#12 ·
I had a 70mm on a buick v6 which is a way smaller motor and gets close to 30mpg and ran 6's 1/8th. And while your being a smart ass maybe you should read the rest of the post about the 1.0 or smaller. I would be willing to bet I have went faster on the first pass I ever made down a track then you will be in your lifetime. It has been several years since I worked on diesels in the army and alot has changed being everything is electronic but it is still the same. You will only make as much power as the turbo will make period. My car wont use all the 101 because I want to keep things below 1600hp so I can drive it on the street and know I'm below what my block will take. I know that with the low rpms of a diesel that it needs a smaller housing in order to spool so maybe read next time before making your post. Looks like a mistake you have made in alot of your post

#14 ·
:popcorn:

#15 ·
That is super exciting and a fun story to hear. However, welcome to now. A buick v6 spooling a single turbo. That's fantastic. Things have changed. It's not the electronics you have to worry about. It's the issues in the cylinder heads not flowing what you think. It's the cam pattern that helps to drive EGR.

Do you have a flash light? If you have the skills to do the fab work and you have worked on these trucks. Pop the hood and figure it out.

If you have to ask these kinds of questions, you shouldn't be too quick to throw around previous accomplishments.

#16 ·
I was thinking more about this. Instead of posting up the specs from some ebay listing. If you had come in here with some calculations that you could have copy and pasted from Garrett's website on turbo sizing, it might have gone better for you.

#17 ·
Guess I should pull one of the Precision 108's off the XTF car...it runs 3' in the 1/8th so it must work huh Doug? LOL

you may be right about the first pass thing. I've only personally been 8's but hell...someone is always faster, right? I can assure you I don't lose any sleep over it...but if you think what you know about gassers applies to diesels....you got a lotta learning to do....smartass.

#28 ·
I haven't seen piping and flanges that ####ty since Tim took apart his ranger...
Now that's just hurtful. You think I can use his jet turbine as a cutting wheel to smooth out those flanges? :doh: Oh wait, at the end of that Video he said more to "Folow". LOL He must have an aa.

And capt. Mustang, you might be impressing the crowd on http://www.mybigfartingexhaustcivic.com, but your a little out gunned on this forum. Maybe you should READ a little first, or perhaps hit the search feature. :doh:

#29 ·
LOL

#30 ·
you know its funny that you talk about big guns but dont see anyone running much faster than a stock camaro. I know what it takes to spool a turbo and you can find my name under NX website as I was their net shipper for years and prob shipped have the kits to dealers on here. Its people who think small that never advance and stay slow. Cars dont get faster by saying it wont work.

GTP38R Ford Powermax Turbo Kit

here is a larger one they are selling for diesels
I know I know for a 7.3 right? prob wouldnt work on the little motor and the 70 would be way too big. Its funny how people sit back and watch or run a 10sec 1/4 and run their mouth

#31 ·
ok some of the same issues with gas will apply for instance convertor and air intake. I realize a 6.0 head isnt a topfuel head but you can improve flow and a smaller housing is still gonna help spool the turbo. It is not a big turbo I posted so acting like it was some off the wall radical idea is stupid. I'm not trying to set the world on fire just make it run better withoutleaving ford. I realized I'm not going to go fast enough with a diesel after watching someone spend all their money trying. The fastest diesel is still slow so not gonna spend that kind of money. Now if their is a cheaper way of improving then I'm for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.