Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Traction Bars

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Countryboy07 
#1 ·
Howdy men.

Well I have bought me a 1975 Ford F250 High Boy. I am converting it over to a Powerstroke with E4OD. (My 95 F250 2WD is the donor truck) I plan on doing a little pulling and such with this truck once I am sure I will pull the sled. Anyways I am taking the cab off and going to work ont he suspension and coat the frame and such. Anyways while I have the rolling chassis, I want to put some traction bars on it (Front and back) I already have the front ones figured out I think. But the back ones are what I cant figure out, what I cant figure out is a way to put the plate on the axle (I have to swap in the sterling 10.25) I dont want to weld onto the axle (My welding skill is okay, but I dont feel confident enough at the moment to do this) Anyways, this is much appreciated. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
#8 ·
But the back ones are what I cant figure out, what I cant figure out is a way to put the plate on the axle (I have to swap in the sterling 10.25) I dont want to weld onto the axle (My welding skill is okay, but I dont feel confident enough at the moment to do this) .
Thats priceless there is no way in hell I would pay 966 dollars when I could get the metal, and do it all in the shop. And I plan on having pictures up.
ok then have at it. There is a whole traction bar thread over in the fabrication forum. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.