Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Kumho KL7s Installed, Pics & Opinions....They're Better than Toyos

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Pahrump 
#1 ·
Just installed a set of 315/75R16 Kumho KL71s on my truck. I ran a set of 305/75R16 Toyo MTs prior to the Kumho's.

My first impression is these Kumhos are awesome. I was surprised how smooth they ride, and they are quieter than the Toyo's you can't even here them until about 40-45mph and I bet they are quieter than most all terrain tires, just a great all around tire.

I'd pick these over Toyo's any day of the week.

I went from this......

To this....rocked the stockers for a bit....

Then to this.....

I need to get another set of step rails (my stock Ford one's fell apart), I hate swinging my leg up to get in this thing.

See less See more
#5 ·
Balancing Powder....can you explain?

#7 ·
And they stayed vibration free for the life of the tires?

#8 ·
I ran equal in the set of terra grapplers I had, vibration free at ANY speed for the 40k I got out of them. Have equal in my toyo M/T's currently and seems to be perfect, but I got a vibration from somewhere, thought it was the tires at first but starting to think is somewhere else, otherwise tires are smooth as glass.

Those tires look great doakster, might have to try them out when my toyo's wear out.

#9 ·
i guess i'm behind the times, if had know about the powder balancing i would have tried to find a shop close to me that does them. Guess I'll have to wait until they go out of balance to get them done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.