Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What do you mean you don't know???

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  roughneck0913 
#1 ·
Took the SD in to dealer a couple of days ago because the clutch pedal would get real stiff and sometimes stick on the floor . After a couple of days , called them and the service writer said that they were able to reproduce the problem , but between her 4 techs and multiple calls to Fords technical folks they have no idea why . Anyone else had this problem ?? ( this may be a repost from when i first noticed the problem a month ago , but i just put it in the shop this week .) :shrug::shrug:

#4 ·
Kind of dos sound like a master cylinder problem...

#5 ·
For what it's worth, the clutch master cylinder, line and slave cylinder are serviced as one entire assembly if that helps. In other words, you buy the whole kit that comes EVERYTHING right down to the master cylinder reservoir already filled with fluid in the box. Hope this helps.

#8 ·
Dealer is replacing clutch , p plate , flywheel and throwout bearing on monday , so we will see .

#9 ·
tell them they better replace the hydrolics while there there beings how there replacing the wrong parts IMHO

#10 ·
Had this happen on a 7.3l manual. I had to replace the shaft the throw out bearing rides on. It had become damaged and was no longer smooth and the throw out bearing would not slide on it smoothly and it would become stuck.

#11 ·
very uncommon the only way i could see that happen is if a dameged upon install or removal or be the throwout bearing was completely shot and it kept getting drove

#12 ·
Well , this is a new one . Seems as though at some point mice made a huge friggin nest in the bell housing , that got all wrapped up in the clutch assy and would bind everything up under heavy load , but not so bad just cruising . go figure . large mouse nest in clutch = $1200.00 . F ME !!!!!

#14 ·
Oooh well !!

Attachments

#16 ·
The little bastards built a friggin mansion in there . I have a pic of the only place they could have gotten in . Two very small spaces at the top of thr bell housing . ( need to find it in my phone ) The mechanics were totally stumped until one of the guys came forward with a story about his wifes car and the same situation . ( they did't pull the tranny right away )

#17 ·
wow I have never seen that before and i've yanked lots of trannies glad they finally pulled the trans and seen that....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.