Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gonna get some 35s

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  01redcrew 
#1 ·
I am gonna get some 35s for my truck. Does that hurt the gas milage and power a lot it has stock gearing. Need some help before i spend the money

#3 ·
You will lose about 1 mpg and does not hurt power to anything noticeable. A number of people can get 20 mpg if they are light on the go pedal.

#7 ·
i didnt see much of a MPG decrease or a loss in power. only thing i saw was a touch more smoke and it looked better.

#20 ·
really? I distinctly remember you saying that it was way more sluggy than before. No wonder there's never anything wrong with your truck, because you forget.

Bigger tires help your mileage while cruising, its the accelerating that sucks with them

#13 ·
i notice no diff when i put 35' bfg at's on my truck notice a milege diff and a lil bit slower with the m16s a big heavy 35 but it could just be me so used to the truck about the lift a leveling kit should do it with the at's u mentioned as for trimming i not real sure on that maybe the air dam if ur gunna rub i would think it would be on the leaf springs from the trucks ive seen with 35s

#15 ·
:whs: oh yeah i love having the 06 no leveling kit m16s just barley rub the inside of the plastic wheel well only to the left you can cut it all the way to the right i dont know whats up with that i also have a perfect offset though they stick out of the fendors a bit :D:evil

#19 ·
I cant spin my 35's, i definitely lost mpg and power........ Just being honest, stock tires were much easier to roast and provided better mpg's . All that being said its worth it, they look awesome!

#34 ·
i forgot you know my pickup better then i do, sorry for forgetting that.

#23 ·
I ran 35's w/ 16.5" rims years ago and when I made that change I actually gained about .5mpg because of the better highway gearing.

Then I went to 20" wheels on 35s and promptly lost about 2.5mpg.

There is just so much more rotational inertia to overcome w/ the 20s that it's a real mpg/ power killer.

#25 ·
I'm thinking of going with 18x10 Diamo's with 35x12.50's. I have 18x9s now with 33x13s, and it rubs on the leafs at full lock. Will the the 35x12.50s work without rubbing since they are thinner?

#39 ·
They do weigh more but the real problem is where the weight is as it's far to the outside creating a much hight Moment of Inertia. It's harder to get started and to stop.

If I was in the market now the best compromise for looks and performance imo would be a 33" tire on an 18" wheel. I could live w/ that and it would perform so much better.

When I swapped to 20's I actually thought I had turned my chip off it was so much slower. I then installed 4.30 gears and although the shifting was better, the acceleration and braking certainly were not improved.

#37 ·
Are these trucks OK with spacers?

When I bought my rims, they sent me 05 and up backspacing. I would like to get them out a little further, but was under impression spacers weren't the best thing to run on these trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.