Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

*** Staged Turbos

9K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  ford6.9 
#1 ·
Just finished up a big job on a customers truck, he's not an internet guy, so I thought maybe I'd post up some pics. Truck is on a 6" lift and 35's, out of California. He's running a built motor that was built a few years ago, brought it back for more injector and some turbos. Setup him up with one of our custom *** nitrous setups too. Turned out pretty nice.

Truck is running some big b-code injectors, BTS twin pumps, and our 'Towing Stage Turbo System'. Same turbos that were installed on Blowby's race truck. Start flowing a lot of air quick and are wicked on a daily driver truck and for towing. More than enough to support the 700hp range. We had Jody from DP Tuner in town, so we were able to Live Tune the truck before the customer picked it up. Truck is impressive, it's making damn good power and is super streetable, even at our higher elevation. Can't imagine how it runs with the nitrous. Runs 40-45psi boost in the daily driver tunes. Saw it over 80-psi in the big tune. It runs really strong, plus it's all under the hood with a functional A/C system.

See less See more
#5 ·
Where is the down pipe headded?

#7 ·
Intercooling between stages, so the I/C piping off that big charger 90's right down into the intercooler. Blown boots on it hasn't been a problem, at least it hasn't on the other couple trucks that are running that combo. Mike O has never mentioned problems to us.

Downpipe goes back over the valve cover and down the firewall in the stock location, you can see where that one wastegate dumps into it. Beauty behind it is you don't need to remove the intermediate pipe to get the passenger valve cover off. Just remove that wastegate and the downpipe section (v-band on each end) over the valve cover and you've got perfect access.

#10 ·
Very nice work! :evil

#11 ·
I just wet myself. That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

#15 ·
price?

#27 ·
I am the only one that can respond to the nitrous :evil nuff said.... LOL

I am not either confirming nor denying being in the back seat bothstages on flyin down the freeway at 80lbs....... but 120+ mph is down right necksnapping with this setup;) and there is more in it.....way more....

Another fine setup from the *** crew....

#33 ·
How well does that boot on the outlet of the primary charger fit? It looks like it isn't the correct size?

#35 ·
Your right it does not look correct. It looks to fit flush underneath but on top it looks raised like it was cocked a bit or the wrong size. May just be the photo angle as well. But I see what you are saying.

#39 ·
Cool, It look like it was super loose on the top side or something. Looks great other than my eyes playing tricks I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.