Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

air intake not flowing enough air stillM

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Blcksmk08 
#1 ·
i am running the xtreme street tune and i looked under the hood and saw that air plunger was sucked half way down even with the s&b intake anyone else having this issue...?

#2 ·
Yeah mine too even nursing it lately. My intake is the Volant and I think it flows like sh!t.

#3 ·
ya my step dad ran the tru flow system and it did it also but as for s&b i have no idea why i would do that take the top off the box and run it see what happens and if it doesnt do it just get a new filter i would go with an afe filter though you can get them what ever size you want

#6 ·
Funny, I just ordered the same kit an hr ago or so. Mine was sucked in and haven't been over 2000 rpm in two weeks.

#7 ·
You guys runnin a outerwears sock? Mine will suck the filter minder in with the sock on. Doesn't do it without it. Just a thought.

#8 ·
You guys just need to relocate your passenger side battery to where the cai is currently and run a Dirty Diesel Big Suck V2:poke:

A person can even run a larger filter with the Dirty setup! I still use the S&B filter and sock without any issues. I do not recomend this intake to those in dusty/snowy/rainy conditions. Pretty much if you want maximum air flow on the tracks or street this is the bomb! At the track I pull my headlight out and it is a direct shot into the filter.

If you have concerns with aluminum intake tube and under hood heat then use header wrap.

Also, if you aren't already take the cover off of whatever intake you are running now. You'll be cleaning you filter a lot more but I've never had an issue with mine when I has a S&B and filter sock.

#12 ·
No I don't have the outer sock on or is the filter dirty. Hell they say it will last 100000 miles, can't be cleaned and is $100 to replace. I think the air flow is good cause it pulls from the stock flume and the whole in the fender.

#15 ·
From Dirty Diesel Customs

How much for the Big Suck CAI V2? I will be interested in it when i relocate my batteries.
Pm Dr. Smoke or myself to get a price. They are built by hand and only built when ordered.

Like I said earlier I don't suggest this cai for trucks dd in dusty/snowy/rainy conditions. This is for race applications.

I do dd with mine but it gets dirty quick. Filter sock is a must on highway.

#16 ·
My afe stage 2 doesent suck it in i got it used on craigslist when i was in vegas for 100 bucks

#17 ·
my dads k&n intake dosnt suck it in and its the hole intake not just a fliter

#18 · (Edited)
Big Suck Intakes are 550.00
We use a Duramax filter

We will no longer be selling S&B filters we are sick and tired of people sucking the filters in. They would work good for a mass produced medeocre tuner like Edge. Also they have poor marketing strategies in Canada. I recomend to anyone with an S&B intake to save there money for the new AFE or a Volant I will be offering special pricing to those I have wronged by selling them S&B.

Attachments

#22 ·
I say that it is appropriately named.

#27 ·
Main reason for Ryans batteries in the back is weight Transfer 2wd the big sucks are for race only there not really for sale we also build coolant resevoirs crancase breathers and anything else that can be lightened or improved or to look better. Race 4wd trucks just run one battery To make room for building the custom intakes. Moving the batteries behind the fire wall bumps a truck from super street to pro street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.