Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

new flush mount toolbox fitment Issues?

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Choupique108 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up a Husky flush mount tool box for my truck so I could keep my Truxedo tonneau cover on my bed.

Here is the deal the tool box will fit in there just fine with the Tonneau cover on but the tool box lid will not open b/c it is hitting on the tonneau cover bed rails??

I'm thinking I will just have to notch the bed cover rails where the toolbox will be opening and closing to make it work??

I can't believe that a flush mount box is too wide to open with a bed cover on, that is the whole reason I purchased the flush mount box!!

Help/Opionins??

#2 ·
any one have this problem, what did you do to resolve it?

#3 ·
bump

#4 ·
Man, that would suck... I've got a more narrow box, which is about all I could tell ya. How much would you have to trim to get the top to open?

#5 ·
well I'm thinking an inch or more on both sides? not sure if I want to ruin my rails on my tonneau cover like that, who made your box, what are the dimensions? Mine is a husky flush mount box full size

#6 ·
deiter, mine is a better built, and was in a styleside F150 when I got it. It's made for stepside trucks (so I was told), so it looks a little on the tiny side when in the back of a SD. I make the best of it though - its full to the hilt with all manners of tools and I have room on the outside, next to the sides of the bed to tuck little stuff in, like my grease gun, funnel/oil, my rubber boots, spare air lines, etc.

I'll post pictures when the bed's cleaned back out - had to use it last night to clean up a wreck site I was on last night, so its full of glass and random stuff like shoes, receipts, etc(it was a fatal rollover, so stuff was everywhere). WIll also post dimensions then. Hope this helps!

#10 ·
Here are a few pics of my little box... Mine measures 48wx20hx20d, and holds a 17" Tool bag full to the gills with all manners of hand tools, a 200 piece socket set, a milwaukee 18v 1/2" Impact, another 13" Toolbag full of electrical and air plumbing tools, a small aluminum racing jack, two or three chains, Tire bonnets (straps), and tons more stuff I've forgotten. I haven't had the chance to properly mount it yet, so it is just strapped into place, as well as a short leash for the dog if I go somewhere that I worry about him getting out.

Ignore the mess - I got the biggest portion of the stuff out, but had to run out, so I just shot some quick pics with the cell.

As you can see, There is a LOT in there, and still have room for more. IT's all about smart packing and keeping things at least somewhat orderly.

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.