Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

had some fun today

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  salprofish 
#1 ·

we were at work today finishing up a job, and we could hear some machine gun fire,( prolly for a hour) we thought it was kind of odd as that isnt something you would normally hear so we decided to go check it out. we drove to the top of a hill were we could pinpoint the place where it was coming from, anyways my buddy says he knows where to go, were driving and see a sign on the road that says machine gun shoot today, we get there and prolly around 50 shooters, i took some video on my phone and watched for about a hour,we started to leave and i saw a friend of mine pulling up, jim says you to shoot my 50 cal? you bet i do, i fired 3 rounds out of the gun in the pic. ( first time for me) anyways sorry for the long post, i just thought it was pretty cool.

See less See more
#2 ·
55 views and no comments? i know some of you are gun guys.

#5 ·
oh yea, that rifle was awesome and the recoil wasnt bad, i was very impressed.

#8 ·
Been lucky enough to get to pop a few rounds off a 50 before, was alot of fun would not mind haveing one just for fun

Roy

#13 ·
yea, the 50 i fired is a grizzy big boar custom

#14 ·
last time we were up shooting a .50 the game wardens came and found us. we were already done shooting it and moved onto clays. they sais they could hear us shooting "something big like a .50" we laughed, one of them found a spent casing and was really excited to see it. it was pretty funny to watch him get excited and want to see and hold it. he was pretty bummer we didnt have any more rounds for it, he really wanted to shoot it. i was amazed at how little recoil it had the first time i shot it, i think we fired almost 40 rounds that day. wish i could do that with my hunting rifle.

#16 ·
the weight of the rifle ( 31 lbs. i think) really helps to reduce the recoil, i was told it would be like shooting a 12 gauge, i think it was prolly a little more:D

#17 · (Edited)
I got to fire my fair share of machine guns as a 0331 in the Marines..... the .50 cal, mark 19, 240 gulf....... I was the first class to fire the new 240 gulf in 1995......

#19 ·
Yea, actually it was out at bobo road. They come twice a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.