Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

96' front end parts

883 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MB97PSD 
#1 ·
Well I am kind of in a grind. I need to replace just about everything under the front end of my truck (ball joints, tie rods, steering box, and anything else that wears out after 200k miles).

Well I know Moog is the obvious #1 choice but would buying the parts cheap off ebay be a TERRIBLE idea? I ask this because i can't exactly afford all top of the line stuff and the front end is getting VERY bad. Its to the point where the steering binds up and stuff. I can do the labor end of it, but Schwabs and highway tire want around 2 grand to do all this....

Any cheap alternatives i will look into! Even used parts to be honest. I am nearly desperate to get it fixed

#2 ·
i bought the cheap ebay stuff to go under the front of my 04 dually and it didn't even last a full month, i know what ur sayin though, i ended up buyin 300$ worth of mogul ball joints to put under the front of it, id say you would be much better off just spending the money u have on the good stuff

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.