Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help with lift.

683 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  weekendwarriorfsw32 
#1 ·
Does any one know how to get the track bar off?? Tried air hammer, hammer and pry bar. Any one have any tricks to getting this thing off?
Thanks
Nick

#3 ·
are you askin how to get the trac bar off the trac bar ball joint? cause i to had a hell of a time doing that too...it ended up coming off after about 20minuntes of have a friend hold a piece of steel against it long enough to clear the tire and i was hitting it with a hammer to get it off...worked though...id really love to hear a better way though!

#4 ·
Its on the 08 450 and yes it is the track bar ball joint.

#5 ·
Not familiar w/that set up but on tight steering tie rods have someone pry down on the link (leave the nut on a couple threads) and hit the mount with a hammer or air hammer-should work the same

#6 ·
loosen the nut, take a hammer and bit the side of the ball joint a few good licks at a time and it will pop loose and drop right out of there, or do as said above and use a large pry bar and put a bunch of tension against the ball joint and hit the side of it with a hammer a few times, should break right loose, might try a lil PB blaster n the mix too

#8 ·
Thanks guys got it off with a Pickle fork, hammer and PB blaster lol. Now with the adjustable track bar how do I set it up? The lift came with no instructions so not sure but right now if I line the track bar up with it on the lower ball joint the top is about a good inch or two from lining up. How do you adjust the track bar? Do you take out the allen screws and pull it out farther or does it screw out farther?
Thanks guys

#9 ·
Too late for this, but I used a large puller and got mine off. Used a hammer for quite a while with no luck.

#10 ·
Well thanks for all your help guys it's done! :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.