Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Excursion On The Rocks

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  WHT00EX 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have been slowly building my excursion. It started out as a 10" lift on 38s then I bought 16" springs and some rockwell axles, but somebody stole the springs from me soo now it is getting 4 linked. I am waiting on hiem joints to come in thats why there is just bars where the springs should be cause I cant put the link bars in with out the joints. My buddy Bryan is doing all the fab work. I cant weld if my life depended on it. It has 44's on it now, but they look to small. I want to run 53" tractor tires. Let me know what you think.

See less See more
#11 ·
Notice that I said slowly building and not done yet.The truck is far from done. Also said the springs will be were the bars are. I think about 20 people have said " its gonna ride pretty stiff like that". Already had it on 38's its the picture in my sig. And what is gonna cause drive line vibrations? The military axles that are very well built? There are plenty of guys in Florida running these axles on the street because it is actually legal there. The twin transfer cases so the drive shat angles arent bad? Or is it the well built 4 link and coil springs that will ride way better than any leaf spring truck? This is not my dd. Just a fun toy to play with. I hope yall are just joking. I put it on this forum cause I figured if any one would apreciate it as much as I do it would be some other powerstroke owners. Thanks to the 2 people who actually like the truck.

#14 ·
In some ways we are kidding. How many inchs will it be lifted when all said and done? And what size tires?

Im my mind there is a stopping point, and anything above that is just to much. Its not fun having a truck you need a ladder to get into, or that has so much wheel well showing you could put a mini cooper in it

#16 ·
love the truck as always ... u gotta post info on a bog when u enter over on the org chapter haha ... i wanna see that thing in action ... good luck with the rest of the build .. looks great so far

#19 ·
Sweet build up man!!

Have you ever been on chuckstrucks . net and been to the forum? There all about mud trucks and 2.5 ton, 5 tons, plantataries, etc..

#24 ·
I think he means its to nice to fuc& up,but it is lookin good hoss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.