Hawk LTS or Hawk Super Duty pads?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke - Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:09 AM
High PSI
I squirt!
Member's Gallery

Hawk LTS or Hawk Super Duty pads??

In the next few weeks I will order pads and rotors. Which ones though? I currently have Wagner severe duty pads and OEM rotors. I want the best stopping power and am not concerned with brake dust. I was thinking Hawk SD's with cryoed Powerslots. Are they worth the coin?
'02 F350,SRW,CC,OR,SB.BTS Trans,6.0 cooler! 1.00 coated TN BB,DP Tunes HiI-stock-60T-80E-120R,6.0 Spearco,BWD coated pipes,ITP reg.,BFG 35",4.56gears,Fluidampr,AirDog,4" Magnaflow,AFE2,Ultra-Lite Boost,pyro,trans,DiPricol fuel,PML pan,Mag-Hytec,Bilstein,Dieselsite CF,Centramatics,Hawks&Cryo's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Bigtimearcher
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Re: Hawk LTS or Hawk Super Duty pads??

I believe the regular duty is what most people need for Hawk Pads.... I recall reading that the mega heavy duty pads (or whatever they call em) only work if you have a weighed down welding truck...or something that's extremely heavy all the time like that.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
White Buffalo
Freedom is not free
Member's Gallery

2 weeks ago I installed the Powerslot Cryo'ed Rotors & Hawk LTS pads. When I looked online & spoke to Garett at pure diesel power the only reason to go with the heavy duty pads is if you tow everyday. I like the rotors & pads combination - huge improvement over stock. I ordered the SS braised lines also to help take the last bit of spongyness out of the stock rubber lines.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
clydesdale
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I would go with LTS pads. The heavy duty ones can cause some crappy around town driving. Another member had gone through a nightmare with them. They caused a lot of pulling and drifting issues. I would stay away.
2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:11 PM
boggerr
<<<<< Next Generation
Member's Gallery

Yep, go with LTS.

I had the SD's on mine. Stopped ok but wore through them quick and always sounded like a bus stopping.

The SD's are for heavy hauling 99% of the time.

N.E. Terminator Tech

2000 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 LWB Auto
DP-Tuner F5, Terminator HPOP, QSSB, ITP's fuel system, BTS trans.

http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
High PSI
I squirt!
Member's Gallery

Thanks guys! I don't tow often so I will do the LTS pads,cryo's and braided hoses. Where's the best place for SS hoses?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Marty
Busy Busy
Member's Gallery

Agreed - I have the Hawk LTS pads... work great!

Elkton, Maryland

2001 F250 - 11.62 @ 115.76
S475, Irate Gated T4, H11, Crower Springs, Smith Bros, My Fuel, Swamps Tuning, Gen3, 400/400's, Forged Rods.
2003 F350 CCLB DRW
Converted to F450 stuff, EGR Delete, stockish...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:37 PM
White Buffalo
Freedom is not free
Member's Gallery

I got the SS hoses from Pure Diesel Power (www.puredieselpower.com).

http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...h8sh89hnsur3e3
Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 AM
fords4life
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

HHHMMMM surprised to hear of so many problems with the SD pads. I have SDs on the fronts and they have worked great for me so far. I have SDs on order for the rear...guess we'll see what happens.

1999.5 F-250 XLT Crew Cab Short Box
4X4 7.3L Powerstroke
Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 PM
racehauler
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

More than likely the SD pads have a higher temperature operating range. Due to their range being higher the breaking performance at lower temps (like slow around town driving) will suffer.

I would personally go with the standard pads unless you are running at highway speeds with at least 18,000 gross 90% of the time you drive the truck. Otherwise you will probably never have a problem with overheating the standard Hawk pads.
Even at 18,000 gross you may not keep enough heat in them to make it necessary to have the SD pads.
6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 89
00PSD1, 05lariat, 2MCHPWR, 69W900A, 99F250Smitty, ajohansson, AMB, badluck_early99, BamaSixGun, bconn587, bean, bgraiders323, Bigtimearcher, Blowby, Bobcat698, boggerr, Bushwakd, cardiac, cemeyer, clydesdale, comfi, coope3, cota, danneffgr, dblamp, DieselBrad, Dieselgeek, DIRTBIKEZ, ditch_dawg, fbilly420, Fever, fishyPSD, Fordpowered, fords4life, Fredybeans08, FTG-05, godofdew11, greenlion, guzzle, Haul_n_horses2, High PSI, hrc200x, IRNFST, JAKE, JeepPuller, jinco, jlr9897, Jngreen, joediesle, jtharvey, jvencius, KFinn, kickstand, mad_matt, Marty, mattymx, Mayday, Millheim, mjp, MrBill1, NWPAStroker, NWSUPRD, PSDnate, psims20, racehauler, rebelchevy02, rich in co, rickvm, San Antonio 78, sandnut, savvy1, scottKP99, SD01WD, Shaw, Shep, silverslug, sirthomas, southmike, Strokin02, Tenn01PSD350, Tinscout, Tom S, UNCOOL, vapstroke, White Buffalo, yobuda