Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Installed Retro Solution HID lights and now no start.

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  b5dart70 
#1 ·
Well As the title says I installed the Retro solutions 6000K HID kit in the 01 Excursion and they are bright as hell which is awesome. It is a very well put together kit also but I have two problems with it. One is when the truck is running and some times not always but if I turn the lights on or off it will kill the truck or make it cut out for a second. Not to sure how lights could do that but they are. And my second question is I have no high beams. I went looking a little but could not find any answers and when i do pull the High beams on the blue light on the dash does not come on.
Any help would be great guy
Thanks
Nick

#3 ·
The one on the Drivers side or Passenger side? Its on driver side now.

#5 ·
if you have to ground the lights do not ground threw the battery. I had this problem with my kit and would kill the truck when i would turn the lights on and i grounded to the battery than i removed that and regrounded to the truck. Worked great after that

#6 ·
If retro solutions are so great how come everyone always has a problem with their truck after installing them.

#10 ·
DP had problems with the older cables. That's gotta be 3 years old already though.[/QUOTE]

I have an old Cable from back in 08 and talked with DP-Tuner yesterday about my HID light issue. Installed them a week ago and when i turn the lights on the switch restarts itself. They told me to get a new cable(because it also interferes with my radio signal) and add a ground to the lights. So this is what i will be trying. Love the lights to much to take them back off.

#11 ·
Well tried switching the cables and still no luck it will still turn it's self off. So if I got my tuner pre 08 then it could be my Dp tuner cable? Other than this the lights work awesome!

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.