Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Apparently I was wrong on TP

5K views 48 replies 34 participants last post by  Fordfreak4life 
#1 ·
It was brought to my attention today via PM that I was perhaps to harsh, and that I jumped to conclusions on what may or may not have caused my engine.....disaster. That Perhaps I did not give Trusted a fair shake, and unnecessarily perhaps brought bad light on a company that provides good products and quality craftsmanship. I tore down the turbo's today for the first time ever, and I found evidence that he is probably correct, and perhaps I was too harsh in my assessment. One doesn't expect to get this level of quality from such a fine place. Please accept these pictures as proof that I was too harsh, and that I retract everything I have said to date about things being sub par. They are infact on the cutting edge with this piece:

Notice the laminar flow that was most likely created by the highly honed edges of this turbo flange. One usually only sees this acute attention to detail, and razor edge when a squirrel chews through a wall trying to get at an acorn.

Nothing is more important in an engine or turbo than oil flow. You don't want that stuff leaking either, therefore, I recognize the solid construction here and the over sized gasket to help aid in the flow and ensure there is no leakage.

I also got the oil cooler apart, which is the very next place for oil to go after the oil filter. You really don't need a good filter it turns out, this will catch all of the pieces for you.

Yip thats Copper!

And finally, I should infact be delighted. After draining the oil cooler, I have actually struck Gold......well its copper, but Copper prices have gone through the roof.

So it appears my PMing friend was dead on. How could I expect that the mistake could have possibly come from a company who takes the utmost pride in their work. Please accept my apologies, and I hope I did not offend your delicateness this time.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm glad you noticed the error of your ways Tim. With that level of craftsmanship these guys shouldn't be working on diesels, they should be headed straight for aerospace engineering. BTW isn't that what someones AA degree is in??

#4 ·
Tim, apparently you have the mock-up parts instead of the finished product. Right?

Good news on the copper prices though, maybe filter that old oil real good to save as much as possible. Do you have a filter?

#6 ·
I am sure you are correct, I mean its good business to make everything twice. One needs a good mold to work from.

Luckily the pieces are large enough I can use the left over chicken wire I have around my trees that I used to keep the deer out.

How could I have been so blind.

#7 ·
We do it nice cause we do it twice!!!! LMAO Tim that sucks for you but at least your sense of humor is still intact. I bout died laughing while reading your post and enjoying those top quality torch cut flanges.

#8 ·
What..... the......F**K???

I read your first couple of sentences and thought you were being serious. That is until I saw the first pic of the mounting flange. That's pure crap...

#12 ·
Tim that was a darn funny post.

#15 ·
Wow!! I was like you have got to be kidding-- then I realized you have got to be kidding!!!!:D LMAO

#17 ·
LOLLOLWell with all that good workmenship. You are probably sold on them but if u change your mind I would love to work on your truck. We just got brand new grinding wheels, tourch tips, duck tape, and JB weld so I'm ready to start Monday if you would just drop it off in my backyard by the tree aka my new engine puller. Thanks hope to see you soon.LOL lol lol

#18 ·
The merge pipe and flange I made for my mustang in my garage with a vice, rather large hammer, vice and my trusty MIG welder are port matched. What happened there Tim, did they forget to finish machine?!? Best of luck with round 2!

#28 ·
I was wondering the same thing.

This thread has inspired me to go ahead and make my own GT42 kit for my truck, and I won't be needing that fancy new bracketry for the Procharger, Buddy. All this time I was thinking my metal fab skills were sub-par, but apparently not. LOL

#31 ·
Serious question, What was Chad thinking? I mean what in God's dear name would make somebody think that is acceptable work? If your a weekend metal worker, fine, but if you actually sell twin kits for a living you'd think, and probably hope if your the paying customer, that they would have some pride in their work and do just a tad bit better of a job then that mess of scrap

#33 ·
OK, I'm not being a dick, but I have to hear from someone who actually has one of the turbo's or twin kits. Is your stuff Fukked up, or was it school for the blind day when that was made. I am almost starting to think that,
A: I was sabotaged
B: This is actually a sick joke, and Richard and Joe swapped motors out on me while they had it, and are seeing if I am gonna lose it.
C:Somehow, someone forgot it was like that and actually it was a big mistake.
D: it really was temporary, (but why would you even do that in the first place)?

Looks like another trip to Joes shop is in Deranged's future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.