Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Extending the Power again...

9K views 96 replies 25 participants last post by  Extended Power 
#1 ·
Well, after finally getting all the parts together, I have started putting the engine back together again...
Must say the biggest PITA was finding a front cover with the correct pump size, and water inlet position...ended up buying a new one.

Quick rundown of the parts going in this time include:

-Low compression pistons, with valve notches, and ceramic coatings. (Balanced)
-Cunningham rods were checked over. (Still Perfect, and balanced.)
-Crank was just polished again. (Balanced.)
-Performance cam from Trusted Performance, built by Colt Cams exclusively for Trusted Performance.
-Block was punched out 0.020"
-New injectors from Trusted Performance.
-New "Adrenaline" HPOP from Bob Riley.
-New '04 style wavey oil rails to replace the old '03 straight rails.
-New rocker boxes, valve covers, and branch tubes from '04
-Heads have Beehive Springs, hardened seats, brass lliners in guides, and back cut all valves along with the multi-angle valve job.
-New H-11 headstuds.
-New Billet Low Pressure Oil gear set from Elite Diesel Engineering.
-New EGR delete kit for the bottom of the manifold. All Stainless.
-New EGR valve delete plug. (Thanks Tyler!)
-Ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, up-pipe, and "Y" pipe.
-CFM+ Intake elbow for the water injection.
-Snow Performance Stage 3 MPG Max water injection with 7 gallon res.

....and a sweet set of 18" X 10" Mazzi Hulks with 325/60 R18 Toyo A/T's.

...anyone wanna guess what I'm doing this long weekend?:D

See less See more
#2 ·
-Performance cam from Trusted Performance, built by Colt Cams exclusively for Trusted Performance.
-New injectors from Trusted Performance.

:lookaround::lookaround::lookaround:

-New "Adrenaline" HPOP from Bob Riley.

I am curious to see how well this works though (if your "trusty" injectors work). I plan on heading down there eventually to see what Bob can come up with for my truck.

I thought you had canceled your build? Got everything worked out?

#15 ·
Some pictures of the MAHLE pistons & Cunningham rods, pictures showing the difference between the stock connecting rods and aftermarket units, and the ceramic coated manifolds, up pipe, and "Y" pipe.

Attachments

#16 ·
Wish i could do this to my truck. All my money is going towards education...Good luck! Looks like a fun build.

#20 ·
looks freakn sweet dude. Tryn to find a motor to put on a stand and tear it down and do this to it.

#21 ·
Well...couple small glitches...
I broke one of the oil control rings while putting the ring compressor tool onto the piston:mad:

And found out that the older bar style glowpplug harness will not work with the newer rockerboxes.

A shout out to Wayne and Tadd from Elite Diesel Engineering, who sent out another oil ring to me, and sent it "Next Day". Thanks Guy's!!!:D

#22 ·
Here are a couple of pictures that show the difference between the two rocker boxes, the new location of the water temp sender, Bob Riley's Adrenaline HPOP installed, new EGR delete, and EGR valve delete.

Attachments

#23 ·
Looks good ivan, ya ull need new glow plug harnesses, valve covers, ficm mounting bracket, oil rail bolts are different as well, looks like u swapped the branch tube, ur gonna need an intake from an 04.5 truck cause of the ccv is different, umm I think that's it

#24 ·
What's different about the intakes?
I'm just going the CCV re-route again...
I have the FICM brackets, GPM bracket, valve covers, rocker boxes (2 sets) Oil rails (2 sets), bolts for the oil rails (2sets) Branch tube, and the oil rail plugs, extension tubes.
Thought I had everything till I was reading about the different changes from '03 to '04+...that's how I found out about the glow plug harnesses...tried them this morning, no go.
Gonna be another couple weeks now for sure...:(

#26 ·
The 04 glow plug should be able to work it worked on mine, they just have alot of slack but he had them hooked up on mine. Seems like you have everything im keep the icp in the back and plugged the valve cover instead. I was told to keep the 03 rockers and bridges my mechanic said they are a lil stronger and thicker and have a metal spring vs a plastic clip on the newer ones

#28 ·
If you have the '04 harness you will be fine...I have the old '03, so I got to find new harnesses. Found one on E-bay, but not the other side...

Yeah, no kidd'n...one set of heads I bought came with the rockers as well, and they are a POS.
Just grabbed one, and it came apart off the rocker box...little ball bearing went rolling across the floor....

#27 ·
Looks like a sweet project!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.