Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Torn: Icon or Carli for 4.5" Lift on '05 F-350

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm going to be doing the suspension on my truck this summer. I want to go 4.5", and back to the stock F-350 blocks in the rear, I have 250 blocks in it right now to level it and make towing my 5th wheel easier, there was too much rake stock and the rear bed corners would rub the bottom of the trailer at times even with a 6" gap at the front of the trailer to the bed. When it goes up 4.5" in the front, I'm putting the stock rear blocks in the back, not the 5" blocks that will come with the kit to keep the rear down a little. I'll raise the trailer 3" if need be after that.

I've narrowed it down to Icon, or the new Carli kit. I've ruled out the cheaper kits based on component quality and ride quality which both of these companies are known for. In comparing the two kits, they both have a progressive front spring, which I like, that's where they're getting the ride quality over the cheaper kits. Icon has their own shocks and Carli uses Bilsteins. Outside of that, the two kits are extremely similar in every respect including price.

Has anyone used a Carli kit on an 05-07 yet? Can anyone compare the Carli to the Icon?

#2 ·
Rear you can add Deaver mini spring packs 2.5" to the Icon kit also will help with axle wrap and give you a better ride quality, use lower than stock blocks.

IMO I'd get a kit with 4 link arms if you want the best ride quality as the stock radius arms bind....Icon more money but worth it.

We sell both kits.

PM sent

Cary

#3 ·
Id love to do the arms, but I can't swing the extra cash. I'm planning on spending about $2000 on the suspension right now, that gets me into either of these kits. I'm going to have to invest in another set of tires before the end of the year too, so this is about all I'll be able to swing.

#6 ·
I can get you 2.5" rear mini spring packs to go with either the Icon or Carli kit. Other option is Icons 5" rear springs.

For those looking for a very good riding affordable 4 link kit Pure Performance has 2 one 4" other is 4.5"

PM me if I can help.

Cary

#7 ·
Well, the Carli kit is pretty new, so it seems like it's not really being used on the 05-07 trucks much yet. I've searched and there are no comments to be found. It looks more and more like Icon will get my business, they were the only consideration before the Carli starter kit was released.

#12 ·
When I called Carli, they were kind of fuzzy on the rear for an 05-07 F-350. Basically, I was told that because I have an F-350 the rear would match the front height and that blocks would only be needed if I had an F-250. I'm pretty sure the rear would be slightly lower, a bit of a pre-runner look, which would be perfect for my use.

The one thing I saw in the Carli kit that I didn't see anywhere in the Icon kit was front brake lines. I want to call Icon and ask them on this, and a couple other questions. If they don't include lines, I'm looking at more money for lines. When the lift goes on, I'm doing the brakes for good measure, so lines would be nice.

94slowbra, please provide some feedback on those rear springs once you get them installed. That may be a worthy upgrade to get rid of the blocks all together and improve the ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.