Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HPODS- HIGH PRESSURE OIL DELIVERY SYSTEM

6K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  dalpilot 
#1 ·
hey guys has anyone heard anything on this kit from bob? or seen one in action? i know derranged was running it, but does anyone have any hard evidence or anything on it? maybe even some pictures of it?

#11 ·
I feel very badly that I've had so much on my plate that I couldn't get these finished up and in more trucks. I have 4 new projects all happening at the same time and I can't find enough hours to get them all done fast enough.

I only had 20 to send out in the beginning and many of those still don't even have them on :doh: In fact, I was on the phone with a Ford dealer installing one yesterday for another guy. He got his two months ago. The mechanic that called me was taking over for another that got fired in the middle of the job. :eek:

So, this project is limping along and in the next few weeks, we'll be finishing up our final "finished" units with lines and cnc blocks just the way we want them. Hopefully after that, we'll start getting more talk and reviews I can get to you guys.

As far as the pumps go, my issue has been good cores. 03 pumps are about 9 out of 10 junk, so we have gone to building a new billet version

This will fix that problem as well as allow us to address flow properties that we couldn't with a stock housing. This unit is at the stages of final fittment. The pump works. Once we've confirmed all is well with the housing and no adjustments need to be made, we'll proceed with manufacturing.

If you have a 2003, your only option is a pump.
If you have a 2004.5 (build date 9-22-03 - later), you can add the pump and the HPODS
If you have a 2005-2007, our only option at this time is the HPODS, unless you wish to convert to 2004 style pump, in which case, you'd need a 2004 core pump. I believe that maybe all most people will need is the HPODS unless they are running really large injectors. IOWs, I wouldn't do the pump swap until you've tried the HPODS first and see if that didn't fix the issue.

So far, I haven't ever had a call with a broken 05-07 pump. So, although I may have a lack of data, I think the 05-07 pumps are probably very robust and wouldn't change it unless I needed to.

Hope that clears up the mud.

Bob

#23 ·
I feel very badly that I've had so much on my plate that I couldn't get these finished up and in more trucks. I have 4 new projects all happening at the same time and I can't find enough hours to get them all done fast enough.

I only had 20 to send out in the beginning and many of those still don't even have them on :doh: In fact, I was on the phone with a Ford dealer installing one yesterday for another guy. He got his two months ago. The mechanic that called me was taking over for another that got fired in the middle of the job. :eek:

So, this project is limping along and in the next few weeks, we'll be finishing up our final "finished" units with lines and cnc blocks just the way we want them. Hopefully after that, we'll start getting more talk and reviews I can get to you guys.

As far as the pumps go, my issue has been good cores. 03 pumps are about 9 out of 10 junk, so we have gone to building a new billet version
View attachment 13190

This will fix that problem as well as allow us to address flow properties that we couldn't with a stock housing. This unit is at the stages of final fittment. The pump works. Once we've confirmed all is well with the housing and no adjustments need to be made, we'll proceed with manufacturing.

If you have a 2003, your only option is a pump.
If you have a 2004.5 (build date 9-22-03 - later), you can add the pump and the HPODS
If you have a 2005-2007, our only option at this time is the HPODS, unless you wish to convert to 2004 style pump, in which case, you'd need a 2004 core pump. I believe that maybe all most people will need is the HPODS unless they are running really large injectors. IOWs, I wouldn't do the pump swap until you've tried the HPODS first and see if that didn't fix the issue.

So far, I haven't ever had a call with a broken 05-07 pump. So, although I may have a lack of data, I think the 05-07 pumps are probably very robust and wouldn't change it unless I needed to.

Hope that clears up the mud.

Bob

so are you saying, the 05-07 trucks shouldn't upgrade to your oil system cause theres no advantage, cause your only bringing the 03-04 pump up to the flow rate of the 05-07 pump, not sure what your trying to say, please clairify

#15 ·
I will be back home to drive mine and get you some data. After four long months of being away I will try and get you the some data as soon as possible. Was my core bad?

#18 ·
As you can see I edited my post quickly, I was in the wrong forum! OK? I have NOTHING against Bob,,, just kinda thought I did for a second! :pointlaugh: I guess you were quick enough to have a laugh on me,,

#27 ·
Can a late '04 take one of your pumps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.