Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Filing a 6.0 block????

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  !!!PainTrain!!! 
#1 ·
Has anyone done it yet? I am contemplating filing the Ranger block, but running coolant through the heads. Discuss......opinions?

#2 ·
I am no expert but I would imagine that you would be fine since it is only going to be doing short runs. Me personally I wouldn't hesitate just because I have heard of others doing it with DD. Just my .02

#3 ·
We talked about this the other day. I put a little more time into making you a new front cover/motor plate. If you want to run an electric water pump for the heads. Digitized all the holes on the front cover. Took me a little while. But now it will be easier to run external oil pumps or whatever you want.

I can scale it down for the ranger frame, since I made it 38inches wide for the superduty frame.

#11 ·
That is exactly what I am looking for. Will there be an issue with the mounting depth on the tranny? I have seen them before just don't exactly know how it will work.

#15 ·
Holy Sheet! Looks like I may be sending a lot of money your way once I get everything together to build this truck.

Sorry about the derail.

Back to filling the block....... Anybody?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.