Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

350/200 nozzle

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
What kinda power could i see with 350/200 injectors right now im just runing a van turbo but i know i would have to step to something like a H2E. But what kinda power, and EGTs would i see out of these. Thanks.

#2 ·
Egts could get ugly fast, h2e would limit you around 550-600. Those injectors are capable of snapping a block with too aggressive of tuning. I would get them, the h2e and tune for 450-500 until you build the motor. This would also require trans work...

#3 ·
every setup is different. depends on teh tuning, internal flow mods of injectors, condition of your engine, what turbo you do infact go with, capacity of your fuel system, what type of intercooler you run (stock or aftermarket), or if you run water meth.

could be 350hp and 2000+ degrees or 800hp and 1600 degrees.

#4 ·
Too many variables in that one but if everything else is right I think it would do around 600 rwhp.

Also, an H2e isn't enough turbo unless you were going to run NO2.

Heck I only responded because my injectors are 350/200s. (not yet dynoed)

If everything is 'right' you won't have any egt problems w/ any set up. When I rail on mine up to 95 mph or so (about when I get nervous) it's usually at 1200-1300 degress and then it drops instantly when I let off the pedal.

#5 ·
Sun,

Did you have any internal mods done to them, fuel or oil side?

How does it drive cruising @ a nice steady very light throttle say 45-65 mph?

Been looking at a simlar spec injectors to go with a 42R as you have? Was considering a 1.15 housing as well.

#6 ·
They are stock internally. I suppose that once the mods are really sorted out I'll probably pull them and have them touched up a bit.

Perfectly. I did a 500 or so mile road trip in the truck last weekend and the truck is a #####cat. One night it was very nice out, the country music was good, so I put the cruise control on exactly 62 mph and had the windows down. It probably has never ran so nice and smooth.

My 42R has the center section mounted in a T6 frame and I have to run a .79 housing to get any spool up at all. Boost at 60 mph is too low to register. At 70 mph boost is about 5-7#s. It hits about 52#'s or so if I hammer down.

#8 ·
That is what I wanted to know as I know when you start to get into larger nozzles and volume with light cruise'n things can get surgy and cruise control can sometimes be a challenge.

What kind of mpg are you seeing with light highway driving? At that 60-70 cruise speed what egts are you running?

I think this settles it for me on inejctors to go with the 42R 300/200 but I think I will get the internal mods done from the start.

BTW Who's injectors are you running?

#13 ·
Thanks Matt. That is who I have planned to get my injectors from going thru you. Btw a package came today about 5 min ago so I can finsh the final assembly. Will try to call later.

So with the 200s there are no curise issue and mpg is still very good with the proper tune and sparing use of the go pedal?

#16 ·
The fact that Matt stated the internal mods are striaghten out that would imply there are internal mods would it not?

#18 ·
Yes my injectors have NO internal flow mods.

Honestly Charlie helped convince me not to bother. He told me he had tried it both ways and the difference w/ 200% nozzles was miniscule and not really worth the trouble.

I'll get them done at some point.

#19 ·
Shows you what I know. :confused:

Well I think if I read a post right that if you ask( maybe pay a bit extra) you can get flow before and after internal flow mods done so you can see what you have picked up. As I do not forsee changing from this setup as its a DD I will want to know I have the best flow I can from these. Knowing the nozzles are the limit seem to make it more precise to me. Ahve to see I guess when the time comes. But I am very happy with what has been reported back on how well the 200% drive and perform.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.