Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Adrenaline and New Cooling System Installed, Studs, Sticks, Springs & Pushrods Next.

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  icanski2 
#1 ·
Its been a busy couple of days. Thank God I bought a Topside Creeper.
New parts installed:
Adrenaline HPOP :D
New IPR
Full coolant flush with 30 gallons of distilled water
Radiator
Radiator Reservoir Tank and Cap
6.0 Tranny Cooler
Fan Clutch
Water Pump
Oil Cooler
Every hose that holds antifreeze
Belt tensioner
Idler pully bearing
Belt.
Tranny filter then flush with Schaeffer Fluid before hooking the lines to the new radiator and cooler.
Swapped over to Rotella ELC
Isspro EV2 Fuel Press gauge.

Tomorrow I'll get started on this stuff:
Head studs
910 Springs
Beans Injectors 250/100's :D
DI Pushrods
Walbro Fuel Pump
up pipes with brass doughnuts.

I'm sure I forgot something but it should be a fun ride when I'm done.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Adrenaline and New Cooling System Installed, Studs, Sticks, Springs & Pushrods Ne

Are you doing all this with the motor in the truck? Anyways hope you have fun!
Unfortunately, the motor is in the truck. I thought about pulling it but talked myself ou of it. I know if I did I would end up going thru the bottom end and spending a bunch more money. I may start building a strong shortblock in the near future.

#8 ·
Re: Adrenaline and New Cooling System Installed, Studs, Sticks, Springs & Pushrods Ne

Just got done doing pretty much the same on mine. Fun job aint' it.

Take your time and go slow. You will have to jack the motor on it's side to get to the rear springs and studs. I cut the star off the spring compressor and welded a nut on it. It was either that or modify the firewall.

I am just a couple miles away, holler if you need to borrow the spring compressor.

#9 ·

Just got done doing pretty much the same on mine. Fun job aint' it.

Take your time and go slow. You will have to jack the motor on it's side to get to the rear springs and studs. I cut the star off the spring compressor and welded a nut on it. It was either that or modify the firewall.

I am just a couple miles away, holler if you need to borrow the spring compressor.
So in other words I need to do mine whiel the motor is out :evil

#10 ·

Much, much easier.

#12 ·

I'm finally about to get started today. I couldn't take the mess anymore so I had to clean up my work area and put all my tools away so I could find my workbenches. I'm building a pool bathhouse at the same time so I had crap everywhere. I need to get off the inter-web thingy and get some work done. I guess I can start drinking beer while I work since its noon now. LOL If anyone wants to stop by for a cold one and to offer moral support, come on over.

John

#13 ·

I thought I would take some photos of the project.
Here is the start:

Goodies waiting to go on the truck. Forgot to take pics of the stuff already installed.

Its hard to see the Adrenaline Label.

It really is his truck now anyway!

#14 ·

Just squeeze under that garage door. I have been wanting to get a top creeper for a long time but have been lazy and not ordered one. How much and where did yiou get that one? It owudl be nice if they madean heigth adjustable one. Add a lift and some tires and you are stuck with having to mod it to work again. Still I need to ge one as I hate laying across the fron lip and fender. To much for my fat ass to do for hours on end.

#15 ·

Just squeeze under that garage door. I have been wanting to get a top creeper for a long time but have been lazy and not ordered one. How much and where did yiou get that one? It owudl be nice if they madean heigth adjustable one. Add a lift and some tires and you are stuck with having to mod it to work again. Still I need to ge one as I hate laying across the fron lip and fender. To much for my fat ass to do for hours on end.
It is adjustable and it folds (not flat though). I can still go up another 22 inches. I got it from a site sponsor KT Performance. KT Performance

#16 ·

that is great I will check it out.

#17 ·

Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see a clean engine bay.

#18 ·

Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see a clean engine bay.
Clean engine bays are overrated... :doh:

Like Arisley said its fun with the motor in the truck its nice to have a helper and someone to pull on the torque wrench. :D

#19 ·

that is what peoplel with dirty engine bays always say . Ask me how I know.:D

#20 ·

Nice project. after doing studs and all that on my buddy's SD i'm waiting to put all my stuff in til i pull the engine. might need another 50k miles. the dang thing won't give me a reason to pull it yet!!! :doh: parts are piling up though.. heads, studs, gaskets, damper, etc.... Your going to have lots of fun with it when your done though. those sound like some fun DD injectors!!!

#22 ·

Did you get one side done today?

#23 ·

Did you get one side done today?
Did not quite get that far. I had to help my daughter with homework and then then had to get her to batting lessons. Softball pretty much runs our lives anymore, but its worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.