Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

fuel fitting for heads

10K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  Cratos 
#1 ·
has anyone made a fitting for thr back side of the head ( where the o-ring plug is) to put a fuel fitting in the Back of the head insead if the 1/8 pipe one on on the top side, to go to an6 I what to get ride of the 1/8 one and run bigger lines.

#5 ·
The way i did mine was take the factory plug mill a hole in the center of it and cut the end off of a -6an fitting and had it tig welded to the factory plug worked out great and i still have no trouble.

Bryan

#7 ·
I think they are talking about the O-ringed plug not the NPT fittings.

#19 ·
Gotcha, so its smallest ID is 3/8".

Nice, what do you use to connect to the feed lines? 90* fittings? On a SuperDuty do you have to modify the firewall.

#25 ·
I believe it's the shape of the firewall that creates the issue, mostly on the driver's side. I didn't have the issue, because I don't have a body lift, but I know Jim Rose did with his body lift.

I ran my lines up and into the valley to my Y, with some protective shielding on them.

These things flow way better than using the stock drilling to feed the heads, that's the whole reason I'm running them.

And it's not a standard type of fitting for the rear of the head, it's some type of straight thread, and the o-ring is compressed against the flat surface of the head.

Dave

#26 ·
Yes, these are very nice fittings.
But I had to make my own due to firewall celarances WITH a 3" body lift. It raises the cab and at the same time raises a feature in the firewall that ends up right where the driver's fuel port wants to be.
So I drilled out a stock fitting and welded a 90° elbow to it as close as I could. Then I had to use different thickness o-rings to find the one that would 'clock' it just right. Total pain if you have a body lift...

#27 ·
The fitting that Bean's supplied with his electric fuel pump kit and the one I made from a fuel rail plug and a cut down AN-6 fitting brazed together worked with a Aeromotive short close tubing 90* swivel seal AN-6 bend braided hose fitting. The regular wide sweep tubing bends are too large to fit at the back of the head. Don't remember the part number other than I got it from Summit.

#34 ·
great thanks
I was wondering if there is a reason not to feed them from the front? less hassle to get the fittings in I would think and no hot exhaust pipes to deal with ??

#35 ·
I fed from the back as the front end of the motor sits higher and it let me do the return without messing with the factory hoses up front.

#38 ·
With a little patience, you can bend the bracket for it into a U-shape and it will be out of the way then, and it will also move the dipstick tube a little closer to the A/C box and give a little more room for your downpipe. ;)

Pull the inner fender on the passenger side and you'll have alot of room to put in that side's fitting and monkey with the dipstick tube.

I don't have a picture of how I bent my dipstick tube, or I'd put it up for you.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.