Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

truck got stolen

5K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  01platinum 
#1 ·
the f250 got stolen today so if anyone sees it let me know the tailgate is caved in a phote of it is in my sig.

#5 ·
Damn man that sucks Did you leave the keys in it or did they Have some skills?

#8 ·
Damn man crooks these days...

#11 ·
Wow, seems like a lot of thefts in the south, really sucks sorry about your loss

#17 ·
they had a theft ring here in austin stealing trucks out of the dell parking lot while people were working and watchig out the windows. all gone to mexico. when the cops finally caught two guys they laughed at them and said they cant stop them theres hundreds involved.

#20 ·
Dang, guess that's where I need to park my wife's car. I can't seem to get rid of that thing. The bank probably wouldn't even repo it if I asked them too.
Sorry to hear about the truck.....but it just might turn out for the good.

#22 ·
I feel for you, man. No skill required to steal these trucks. They can be gone almost as fast with a flathead screwdriver as the keys!! In the last six months they tried to get mine twice in the DFW area. F'ed up both doors and lock cylinders the first time then after I had it fixed this happened last month to the drivers side. JimmiJammers/HoseClamp and the Viper are cheap insurance compared to losing the truck and the 4x4 CC's are prime targets to be used as border taxi's. I don't know a single person with a CC 4x4 that hasn't had their truck messed with at least once or just flat out stolen.

The a-holes who did this to mine the last time were about ten seconds removed from staring down the business end of my XDm, as the alarm paged me about the attempted break-in. Which reminds me----DO NOT STORE YOUR FIREARMS/VALUABLES IN THESE TRUCKS--NOT EVEN FOR A MINUTE!! Even with an alarm, they are just way to easy to get into smash and grab style. :mad:

Attachments

#26 ·
Ya the jammers are a must in the city...kinda strange ford didnt do chipped keys on the diesels...But yet they did on exploaders,expeditions and f150s! I think the 08 up diesels are chipped keys so the old screwdriver trick wont getter goin....

#27 ·
Something else that might help is a back door handle on the front. Might send away some theives. They got mine right before christmas, left a purse from the truck they just broke into. Same guys got into a buddies super duty a week later, got caught while in it. The cops said those guys got 20 super dutys that day.

Pic of new door handle(they got in with screwdriver through the key hole)

Also got this to help.

#29 ·
I have rear cc doors handles on order to replace the busted ones, especially since the jack-holes fubared the lock cylinders on the first attempt. I dont think I've used the keys to unlock the doors in 9 years anyway. Hope the batteries never go dead--It would suck to have to break into my own truck LOL

#32 ·
X2 on the buy back....depending on the amount. I would be interested in the body as well, depending on condition.

#33 ·
About a mth ago. my uncle was in Phoniex(sp) at a motel, anyway got up the next am and truck was gone, spent most of the a.m. dealing with local cops / ins. etc. Got a rental and headed home about an hour later cops call him saying they found it.....it was only about 3 blocks from the motel, cops said that is the new thing they steal them and only drive them a few blocks / miles away and just leave it in a alley way parking lot till the next night if it is still there then, then they head south with it or what ever.........good luck on getting yours back in good shape

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.