Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

12.95 @ 101

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Mike@MPD 
#1 ·
Went to the track Friday night and ran with the new Suncoast and our 350 tune. First pass was the best of the night. 12 psi of boost was as hard as I could leave without the front tires hopping like crazy. My 60 foots were 1.80, 1.77, and 1.77. Passes were 12.95 @ 101, 13.04 @ 102, and 12.97 @ 102.

Traction bars and Toyo Proxes go on this week. I am also dropping the truck down to stock height with a 1" block in the rear. Hopefully this will help out a lot. Top end is STRONG considering it was 98% humidity, but the 1/8 mile times suck because the terrible wheel hop I was dealing with. I even had the tires aired down to 35 psi all the way around and still couldn't get traction. The Suncoast did well though, so that was the only plus of the night. Hoping to get back out in the next few weekends.

#9 ·
from what i have heard the pulse width is lower than the 310 so prolly 2.15ms would be my guess, but the rail pressure is up from 24500 to 26500 or something. I think the theory is better atomization more power, but hey i have been wrong before.

#8 ·
I GUESS the better question would be how much MPH are you picking up on the back half 20 mph? compare it to the 310 runs and that should tell you, but trap speed is trap speed should tell you hp anyway. If your trap speed is down from the 310 tune then you know the power isnt there, Faster ET might say that the hp is better down low, but not overall thru the powerband, just thinking outloud here...
jeff what did you trap last year with the 310?

#10 ·
I trapped the same in the 1/4 mile. 102.4 on a 12.97 pass with the 350 and 102.2 on a 12.96 pass with the 310. The big difference was the 1/8 mile E/T and MPH. I was at 8.19 and 83 with the 310, but 8.28 and 82 with the 350. So going by that info, it seems that the 350 is picking it up on top. I could be wrong in my assumption though.

The big thing that affected the runs was the ability to launch harder with the 310 versus the 350. I could leave at 18 psi with with the 310, but only 12 psi with the 350. I think that played a huge roll in the 1/8 mile times with the 350.

#14 ·
Not a year 7 or 8 months lol. Same track, same tires, a lot different conditions though. It was WAY more humid the other night. One of the track operators told me it was at 98% humidity.

well your back halfing 20mph right on the nose with both tunes, i would say track conditions played abigger part than anything, but it looks to me like the 350 tune isnt making any more power than the 310, just less smoke im guessing, or at least on your truck.

Im really thinking that a better test is going to be trying both tunes out the same evening at the track.
The plan is to run the 310 first for maybe 2 or 3 passes and then run the 350 for a few passes. That should tell the tale. Maybe I can get a night where the humidity isn't so bad the track lights are blurry from the fog.

#13 ·
well your back halfing 20mph right on the nose with both tunes, i would say track conditions played abigger part than anything, but it looks to me like the 350 tune isnt making any more power than the 310, just less smoke im guessing, or at least on your truck.

Im really thinking that a better test is going to be trying both tunes out the same evening at the track.

#15 ·
i would launch at about 12-13 psi, that seems to be the sweet spot for me at least, i cut my best 60ft like that, the best to date was 1.65, i did have traction bars though and 25 psi in the rears and 30 in the fronts, but before the traction bars at a totaly different track with smaller and skinnier tires i pulled a 1.75

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.