Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My local stealership HORROR show.

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  dieseljosh07 
#1 ·
First off: MSA FORD SALES in Abbotsford, BC, Canada Licks pouch. I hope none of the techs that work here troll this site.

Here is my horror story

They brought my truck in for a reflash. I got it back with an ABS light on. Assumed it was due to the fact my tires are oversize, and my tuner was not installed. Installed my tuner with difficulty, and help from H&S. Still had an ABS light on. Tried to scan with a hand scanner...got VIN code errors and a few other wierd things not communicating etc.

Took it back to MSA. They diagnosed a fried TCM, tried to pin it on my aftermarket tuner. Here is the conversation that followed

Me: Did you see me push my truck into the shop this morning?
Them: No, you drove it.
Me: Did you drive it from where I parked it into your shop this morning?
Them: Yes
Me: Would it drive with a fried TCM??
Them: No
Me: hmmmm, fix it then.
Them: Well...Ok.

I then get the truck back after the second go round. Have some more fun loading the tuner (should have known by now)... ABS light comes on 3 days later. Hand scan again, VIN code errors again. Go back to MSA ford. They tell me "We are no longer working on your truck, your aftermarket program is causing the faults" in other words, get out of here.

Take it to the other Ford dealer in town (Magnuson). First thing out of their mouth: looks like it was not flashed properly. They spend a day trying to solve all of the computer faults, and then reflash the truck (not in time for BD's dyno day).. Guess what, everything works fine. Do you think MSA will stand behind their work? Nope, they basically stick to their story about the aftermarket causing the problem..

Just thought I should rant a little bit.

See less See more
#3 ·
Dude keep at em. THEY ARE WRONG!! YOU ARE RIGHT!! Id harass them every day, but im an ass what can i say.

#10 ·
Let me clarify this. In order to get my warranty revoked a tech rep has to get involved(slim to none). This is about the only place i talk about that.

#11 ·
I hope if the time comes I can find a guy like yours. I am in the sticks too but haven't needed to go searching. I have 200,000 through Ford, just hope no problems come about when I start modding.

#12 ·
No dice on the dealer giving out his number(gotta protect himself). Just shop around when u go to a dealer, they can do whatever they want they just have to keep big brother none the wiser. Which is smart bc they still make money off the warranty work.

#13 ·
Very true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.