Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Shakle question

738 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cartmanea 
#1 ·
Ok I have a leveling kit on my truck and 35's. The only time they rub is when the suspension goes under compression in a turn effectively shifting the axle up and slightly aft into the plastic part of my fender. I dont want to lift it or cut out the metal of my fender yet. Is it possible to put the shackle in the front of the leaf so it moves forward under compression or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

#2 ·
The placement of the shackle on the rear of the spring is for a better control of the forces of wheel travel during spring movement. If the shackle is on the front, the axle movement is against the force of impact during forward motion. The reason people are using reverse shackle kits on OBS trucks is because the ride is poor.

Your best option is to use a spring which moves the axle forward. Icon does this, but with a minimum of 4" lift at the same time. You could have a spring shop make a custom set of leafs. I don't think it would be prudent to move the locator pin/bolt on your current set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.