Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Trash Truck - Redux

18K views 119 replies 28 participants last post by  bluedge8 
#1 ·
So my wife decided I need a new truck. She was going to get me one of them fancy new fangled ferds with that poopy 6.4 or 6.7... Then she realized I don't really want a new truck (or the payment to go along with it). I was then given the order - as only a wife can give - to upgrade my truck :doh:

My truck was attacked by ninja squirrels in Nov/Dec and had some fuel pressure problems (related to the wiring harness being nibbled through). I decided the best course of action was to find a donor body and transfer the drivetrain (maybe add a few things in the process ;) ) So... The new truck:

Old truck:

Both trucks are being shipped by Bama Transporters (Site Sponsor) to Swamps. Swamps is gonna take the 2 trucks and make them 1. I wish I had the space and time to do this myself but am ok with Swamps doing the work - I suppose... :D There will be some parts from quite a few site sponsors on the new truck. The goal is to have it done in July and back in Colorado for my final touches on the interior before TruckFest. Not sure if I will be pulling (for the first time) but it will huff it's way down the drag strip.

Sam

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep.

Sam

#5 ·
what cha doin with the old truck?

#6 ·
Taking the drivetrain (engine/tranny/fuel system) and moving it into the new truck. Then either selling the rolling chassis or parting it out. I would much prefer to sell the rolling chassis - but we will see what happens. (If you are interested - let me know)

Sam

#8 ·
Sam What kind of shape are the frame and axles in?

#7 ·
Im interested, in the whole truck but probly not worth having it hauled up here? 917miles from swamps. shoot me a pm on what you would need for it. and when it would be available

#9 ·
Sent you both a PM. The axles are in great shape. The frame is tweaked right at the front driver side from running over a Camaro. I had Bear Frame and Axle in Denver look at it and they said don't fix it - not worth the time/effort/money.

Sam

#12 ·
Trucks headed your way Sam, gonna miss the ol' girl, but at least you'll have her back on the road
Thank you Charlie. The truck will be treated well. Hell it is going straight to swamps for the transplant before I even get to beat up on it...

I can't wait to have a truck on the road again...

Sam

#14 ·
does the white truck still have the cummins in it??? or was it taken out prior to sale?? just curious why you would go back to the powerstroke if its already got a cummins transplant.....

#15 ·
I dont think it ever had a cummins in it and running, just what i thought i saw so i could be wrong

#16 ·
i pulled the psd in prep. for the swap and the timber market crashed here before i was able to finish it. Sam's gonna sell the CTD and put a psd back in from what i understand

#17 ·
The cummins was not in and running. It was transported in the bed of the truck all tarped up and ready for a new owner. You could be that owner ;););)

Sam

#19 ·
Swamps is putting the drive train from my truck (ugly red) into Chimera's truck (not ugly white). I am selling the drivetrain that came with Chimera's truck to pay for the swap.

When I drive the truck home, it will be almost exactly what I want in a new truck. The interior, some electronics, and stereo system will wait for my attention in Colorado.

Sam

#20 ·
So explain the drivetrain swap...

I'm picturing the white truck with OBS axles, driveshafts, springs, trans, engine, etc.

Are you just putting the engine from the red truck into the white one and that's it for the swap? Since you sold the BTS out of the red truck and are trying to sell the 4R100 from the white one, what trans are you going to run?

#21 ·
True... Original plan was for the engine and tranny from the red truck to go into the white truck. After talking to Brian he recommended that I sell both transmissions due to shipping costs and issues with moving E4OD into a super duty. I am used to over simplifying my plan for my friends - who think I am crazy... So now, really the swap is the engine, fuel system, stacks, and few odds and ends from the red truck. Plus a few goodies - thanx to a few site sponsors.

Sam

#22 ·
So are you selling the rear end out of the super duty and if so how much will you be wanting for it. When the time comes if you are wanting to sell it and I have the cash flow at the time I will be very interested and can arange pick up while in TN. if the cash flow provide just let me know if it is going to be for sale or not and if so how much thanks

#25 ·
Yeah - not an option regrettably... Wife's single condition is that the truck come home with stacks with "tink tinks"... Small price to pay for near carte blanche for the build...

As far as what I am selling and not - I will have everything listed in the Classified section when it is ready. If you are interested in something (rolling chassis, axle, etc) just shoot me a PM and I will contact you before I list...

Sam

#27 ·
We shall see... I already have ~230 hybrids, H2E, big oil, etc... The trip for both trucks took a bit more out of the budget than originally planned. It will depend on what the engine and transmission sell for. At this rate - I will be towing the red truck with the cummins and tranny in the bed back to Colorado. If that is the case, I won't have any extra money to have Swamps do anything really cool with the truck...

Sam

#28 ·
maybe swamps would be interested in trading you the cummins or tranny for some go fast parts...if they dont sell first....

#30 ·
Thank you again Stephen!

Truck has been at Swamps for a bit. Decided to keep the injectors and turbo the same. At the altitude (Denver) and driving up into the mountains, I don't want a smokey pig.

Got a few of the last goodies on the way from Diesel Innovations, Truck Source Diesel, and Sunrise Ford. The truck will have parts from 8 different site sponsors and quite a few members.... My wife is getting anxioius to head out and pick it up...

Sam

#31 ·
Well, it looks like everything that is needed is out of the old truck. Hopefully someone will be taking that off my hands shortly.

Talked to Swamps and looks like everything is moving along nicely - with the exception of the wrong motor mounts being sent by O'Reilly's. My bad for not double checking the number the part monkey gave me...

Only major hiccup has been missing/wrong parts (expected) and my wife finding a house she thinks we need to buy - right now... July is getting busy - can't wait to buy the plane ticket to pick it up.

Sam

#33 ·
I thought people might ask - so I created a thread here. Don't be afraid to make me an offer (in that thread or via PM.)

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.