Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bilstein 5150 series ??

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cartmanea 
#1 ·
Is any one running the Bilstein 5150 series on a 2008 - 2009 leveled F250? And also does any one know if you can run a duel set up with this shock.
I am thinking I want to install a leveling kit and run duel 5150’s and I am not sure if duel is possible, also any one with the 5150’s what do you think of them

#2 ·
i've got um on the front and back of my trail bronco. i got the ones with heavy valving since my springs are super soft. turns out i don't like the 5150's much on the street. they are too jarring. but offroad they are great.

#3 ·
On the road the last thing you want is heavy valving on the shocks. I can understand what you were going for though. Shock are what take the jolt out of the sharp bumps on the road.

I was aways under the impression you wanted shock with softer valving if you were going to duals. Not a good idea to use shocks with vavling meant to be used as singles at least not on the street.

#5 ·
Bilsteins will be fine valved correctly duals or singles with or without reservoirs. Dual's or reservoirs are not necessary for the street..except for a Excursion Duals are needed in front IMO, but they do look great!

Shocks are primarily for rebound control.

I don't know of any dual mount for a '05 up that doesn't require a taller lift..like 6"

If I can help please PM me.

Cary

#10 ·
Only reason #5150 and similar shocks from Bilstein don't have the life time warranty like the 5100's and HO's is Bilstein thinks of them as racing shocks..all internals are the same or better than the warrantied ones.

#11 ·
I have never run rancho 9000s, but i have run two sets of the 5000s and they were showing signs of wear at 20k. I have had bilsteins last over 50 repeatedly. Just my experience.

micky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.