Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.7 Recall

20K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  WKV-MESO 
#1 ·
My brother went to a Ford dealership in SLC Utah to test drive a new 6.7L and the salesmen said they just had a recall on them so they dont have theirs anymore for the moment. Does anyone know what the recall was or if there is a possibility the salesmen didnt know what he was talking about. The reason i ask is there is still a new 6.7 at the Ford dealership in my town. (at the nice price of $63k...)

#2 ·
They've been having issues with the shipping companies crimping the urea lines when strapping them down on the transports. There's a hard plastic line inside the rubber insulated line for the urea. You can get under the truck and feel the lines to see if they are crushed. Perhaps if there is a recall on them, it's because of this.

#3 ·
if there is a recall i haven't had any issues yet with it nor was i told about it.

#5 ·
No FSA's that I can see. Just a message about the pump.

SOME CUSTOMERS WITH 2011 6.7L DIESEL EQUIPPED F-SUPER DUTY VEHICLES MAY NOTICE A CHARACTERISTIC NOISE SHORTLY AFTER START UP DURING IDLE WHEN THE VEHICLE ENGINE IS AT OR NEAR OPERATING TEMPERATURE. THIS CHARACTERISTIC NOISE MAY BE TRACED TO THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP (HPP) AREA AND IS DUE TO ENGINE CHANGING FROM ONE FUEL CONTROL MODE TO ANOTHER. THIS CHANGE IN FUEL CONTROL MODES, AT IDLE, ADDS TO THE VEHICLES OVERALL FUEL MILEAGE IMPROVEMENTS. CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE INFORMED THAT THESE CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT ENGINE DURABILITY AND NO REPAIRS TO THE ENGINE ARE NECESSARY. WITH THE MANY ENGINE IMPROVEMENTS DONE TO REDUCE OVERALL ENGINE NOISE, THESE CHARACTERISTIC ENGINE NOISES CAN NOW BE MORE EASILY HEARD. ENGINEERING IS CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THE PHENOMENON FOR POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS. MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.

#6 ·
Has anyone heard about the exhaust lube on these? Buddy that works for huge dealer says that the fluid gels up when its cold. Has anyone heard of this.

#7 ·
Well in their brochure, they say they have tested it with a 250 degree temperature swing in 11/2 minutes. It shows ice all over the truck. But was the engine running during these tests?????

I for one simply find it hard to believe Ford could miss something as monumental as freezing lines. But I'm no genius.

#9 ·
was it already running? Put a jug of it in the freezer and it gels up. The dealor hear is fords test dummies on alot of fords new vehicles.

#10 ·
OTR trucks have been running the urea for years. I do not believe for 1 second that a "gelling" issue has not been addressed. Also there is no way they tested a truck with a 250* temp. swing. Think about it, from 0* to 250* parts would melt off it.

#12 ·
So if there is a recall they have to send it back to the dealer? LOL
"the salesmen said they just had a recall on them so they dont have theirs anymore for the moment."
Yea,, the farthest it would be away from the lot is in the garage being fixed,,, if there was a recall...

#14 ·
I was just asking if anyone has heard of this. I was wondering not stating.

#15 ·
The lines and the tank have heaters, supposed to thaw a useable amount within 20 min. Also if filled with the proper tools there is room for expansion in the tank to allow it to freeze..... Dont use the correct fill device, overfill and crack the tank no Warranty.

#16 ·
DEF will freeze @ 11 or 12*F.

the only way the heaters are working, if the trucks running. and if the fluids frozen/freezes when your driving... and the sensors request it to be injected and it doesn't... engine de-rate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.