Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

new truck

905 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  99whitestroker 
#1 ·
hi guys so i bought my first powerstroke and i have a major question, may sound stupid but here it goes..truck is a 99 with .3 obviously, my question is it has 300k miles, runs great, no smoke quick starting..is this alot of miles? all maintence been done regularly 2nd owner..seems to run fine but not familar enough to feel comfortable with the mileage and considering selling? should i be worried about the miles? appreciate any input

#3 ·
yeah runs great only smokes a little when i get on it, seems normal though nothing excessive..truck was used to commute 100miles a day so all highway miles

#6 ·
ok cool thats definatly what i wanted to hear lol i love the truck

#7 ·
Check the build date and fill in your signature. It will be easier for us to help and advise. If the build date is prior to Dec 12, 98 ( Ithink) it's an early 99. There are some changes that were made after Dec. It will make a difference when you but some parts you may need in the future. Good luck and like the others said don't worry about the miles if it's been maintained and not abused.

#9 ·
It is an automatic, had new converter put in not sure if ever been rebuilt, not sure of injectors either..is an early 99 built in 7 of 98

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.