Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lund Sun visor

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeremy 
#1 ·
I put a sun visor on my truck now i have lots of wind noise. Has anyone else had the same problem? Do you think opening up the holes in the top would help quiet it down. I love the look of them but cannot stand the noise.

#2 ·
its just guna be noisy, and your fuel mileage will take a hit also, i like the way they look but it broke the cab out on my dads 92 so i ruled that one out for a mod on my rig

#7 ·
I didnt have any problems before I put it on. I did notice on lunds website that the 12160 is for trucks w factory cab lites. I have the 12151 and factory cab lights (it fit fine so I didnt think much about it). the 12151 is for without cab lights. Does any one know what the difference between the two is?

#9 ·
You can try to open them up but its still gonna have extra wind noise. I had one on a early 99 looked great, but it made alot of noise. I used two different bug shields on the hood and one of them made it better than the other. I cannot remember which one was which though. One was the lund interceptor and the other was the deflecta shield II.

My best guess on the difference in part numbers is: visors with and without lights, moon vs. sun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.