Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What is an 02 X worth??>!?!

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
What is a 02 X worth?
So I have been searching hard to find a clean 2001-03 7.3l X found one with 50,XXX miles limited bone stock. They are asking a bit much I think what do you guys think one like this would be worth?

And and here are some pics of it.

No rear buckets :/

See less See more
#5 ·
That is very close to the condition and mileage I bought mine in. Although I am amazed at the condition of the drivers seat. Maybe its the angle but there is usually at least some wrinkle lines in the seat leather from getting in and out unless the person was really small. Mine had 65K 2001 model built in 2000. I paid 19K. Not sure your plans for it but I would say 20-22 depending on what the cost of living is like in your area etc. Prices really do fluctuate depending on the region of the US. I felt I was at the upper end of still getting a good deal but when I saw it had forged rods and all the systems were in good working order with 90% life left on the tires brakes I felt it was a good deal for this area.

Have you checked the manual hub dial knobs? See if both turn easy. If they are jammed and will not turn that can give you a bargaining chip and usually only take a cleaning and re-greasing and working the dial. Most all the 4x4 systems are left in auto mode and the dials get stuck from lack of turning and yearly maintenance.

#8 ·
Get a copy of the oasis report as well.

#13 ·
Congrats!!!!!

Let use know what you think when you get it and maybe a few more pictures.

My recommendations that I always give when someone get s new vehicle. Take nothing for granted.

Change every single fluid in that thing. All filters. Brakes regardless get the rots checked turn if needed and new pads.

Motor Oil & Filter
Flush the tranny
Flush coolant replace t-stat and housing( it will leak if you try to re-use it)
Suction out the power steering
Bleed all the fluid on the brakes
Fuel filter
Transfer case
Front and Rear axle's difs
Grease all points
Pull and clean and re-grease locking front hubs.

I prefer Schaeffer's products for all grease and lubes.

Swap out the short OEM wiper for 24 front 18 rear.

Another thing if you need more keys and already have the two pickup blanks on the net have anyone cut them for you and you can program them int he truck to work. Other wise its like $75 per key from Ford.

That way you have a confirmed starting point with your truck.

Remove the top cross beams off the top rack as they will wear on the paint. I woudl do that before driving it back.

Sorry I am throwing so much at you, just do not want to see you lose money or regret something a bit later.

Enjoy your new ride!!!!'

#14 ·
Well I had them change the oil, air filter and wipers at the dealer when they did the pre-purchase inspection. I will do the rest when I get home ( I am BMW tech)

Well the adventure begins...

Air matters to sleep on the way home check

V1's check, power invertor for laptop check, I pod's check

XD check

Map of dumb red states that are less American and don't think you should have a gun check.

Flight ticket leaving SLC at 8:08 AM check

O wait what!!1

"sir this flight is for 6:08 AM" !!!! fail boat11!!

Ummm crap ok options?

"Well sir we can get you into Dayton OH by 9PM routing you through Chicago"

Dial the place HEY! can you still get me from the airport at 9PM.. "YEP" ok see you then.

Now I am lading at 9 instead of 3 lost 6 hours of driving time :( Good thing I packed all the V1's

But for now I am stuck sitting in SLC airport until noon hopefully I can get some sleep here so I can drive more tonight...

#15 ·
Well as long as youa re not stuck at Chicago midway for any amount of time. That airport sucks. It has the worst record for delays of any one I ahve been to and I have been to many as well as one around the world. I will take a dirt rock ridden field with a hut in Peru or Bolivia over that place. Well not really but you get the point.

Good luck on your drive back.

Make sure that fuel filter was changed before the trip if it wasn't The trip will be a good ime to see wha kind of mpg you are getting as a base line befoer any mods if any are planned for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.