Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

FCDP Ranger Runs...

12K views 134 replies 36 participants last post by  InnovativeDiesel 
#1 ·
more details will come, probably from 1badharley

The truck had some throttle pedal issues, so we made something work that probably shouldn't, but we ended the day with a 12.9@ 109, I don't have the slips in hand, the other Adam does, but the 60's were is 2.2 range, having problems pushing through the brakes, but overall, for shakedown runs, a 12.9 we were all well pleased, few more things to be addressed and we should be back at the track on Wednesday for some test and tune.

These times were a stock motor and a X-Race tune. and the truck weighs 3591 with driver.

I will post some videos (they suck) but I will post them none the less.

Adam H, Joel, Junebug, and Matt all did a great job!!

#2 ·
Good work guys. I'm glad I got the chance to see it run. Looking forward to hearing ETs for Wed. night.

#15 ·
LOL, goes to show that smoke screens really do work, people freak and would rather run into on coming traffic then go through a cloud of smoke :doh:

What is it with both 6.0 powered rangers having problems with pushing through the brakes??? can't watch the vids since i'm at work, but 12's is real good for shake down passes!!!
Yea, dunno, guess its the coincidence.. we have an aersospace dual rear caliper kit on order, should rectify the problem.

very nice work. lol about that pt cruiser
Thanks!

#16 ·
both rangers are so light that with all the torq the diesels put out it cant hold it. that is why you see all the really fast cars have trans brakes. there is not to many options for the trans brake on a torqshift trans, higher stall on the converter, dual calipers on each rear rotor, and a trans brake might help. dont know at this time. give me some time. i will figure it out.

#21 ·
GoGo makes a transbrake for 'em.

And congrats on the new time! :rockwoot: What size injectors was that with and what size jet? And where's the vid? :poke: :D

#18 ·
If the brakes aren't holding what about putting a parking brake on the back of the trans or on the rear axle like they do on medium and some heavy duty trucks. If you can't hold the wheels why not truck holding the drive shaft:shrug:

#19 ·
that is one of the thoughts we had. just dont know what the rules say about driveshaft brakes. when you start getting under 10 sec the rules get really strict. mainly for safety reasons. we have a few ideas we are working on. hopefully soon i can launch it better. 11.88 at 129mph is pretty good with a 60' time of 2.2. still getting tire spin but next week we should be alittle more dialed in on the suspension.

#20 ·
Hmmm those are still very good times I think. Only other thing that comes to mind is bigger wheels and bigger brakes which translates to more weight usually.

#23 ·
If you want to do it right. You put a trans brake on it. There are some changes that will be needed to the 4Link and some weight distribution or that thing isn't going to go where it should.

If it launches the way it should the weight bias right now would put it on the tailgate.

Still need to see pics of the rear roll bar. Still need to get the scale weights properly going to the right places. Hence the strange ammount of weight that goes to the right side when the driver sits on the left.

It will go way faster with the same ammount of power. Better order the wheelie bars from Bickel now. Cause you are going to need them.

#30 ·
:rockwoot: Man, I hope my next project is that successful its first few times out!

#31 ·
Thanks Danny, we are proud of it so far, its only been down the track maybe a dozen times now and we went from #48 on the fast powerstroke list to #7, in about 3 weeks, so that we are very happy about, ready to get the 60' times down and the brake stuff taken care of and get into the 10's :evil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.