Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dana 135 gears

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kitchene 
#1 ·
I am trying to find a higher gear ratio like 4.11 or 3.73 are they avaliable? How much? Where? I have 4.88 and top speedd is about 70 on the highway it turns my two hour drive into 2.5 and uses a lot more diesel. Any other thoughts would be great also. I would rade for a 350 but cannot seem to find one and cannot sell the truck for what I want and replace it.

#2 ·
Have to mesure the spring perches, but you might be able to fit a Dana 80 from a 99-04 F450 & re-gear that to the gear of your choise. Or, you can shop around for a Dana 110 out of an 05+ F450/F550 with 4.30 gears. You don't want to go too high of a gear if the truck is a tank to begin with.

#3 ·
According to Dana's website, you can get all the way down to 3.02 or something like that for the 135. I'm not sure what else would need to be changed if any, but I'm sure a drivetrain place or Dana would be able to help you out.

#4 ·
I'm looking to do the same. It's really been a headache. To put anything taller than 4.56 in you're truck you'll have to replace some other internals of the rear end. I think i'm going to go the dana 110 route. Also, you could go with a 10 lug conversion and get 11r22.5 low profile tires which would put your final ration around 3.70. it's a pricey change no matter which route I've found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.