Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HID's Installed

15K views 65 replies 26 participants last post by  anth 
#1 ·
The packages from Retro Solutions arrived this morning and I got started. I got the 9008 4300k 55w High/Low kit for the headlights and the the 9145 4300K 55w for the fog lights.

All I can say is Ford may have thought alot about the motor and drivetrain but damn they didnt think to much about making it easy to swap, say a blown headlight bulb, the entire grille has to come off and its adjustable, so you have to mark where it is when you take it off to make sure it lines back up properly. Not that the grille is hard to get off but it seems like they would have made it a tad easier.

Once I got everything off, I found the next hiccup, as you would probably guess, very little room to place the ballast, but I made it work, here are some pictures.

Thanks Todd @ Retro Solutions!

Fog Lights

Left HID, Right Halogen

Both installed

All Done

See less See more
#2 ·
looks like they made one hell of a difference, looks great! Nice truck, like it better than your 04 so far?? Can't wait to do the HID mod on my own truck, factory headlights are just not that bright!

#10 ·
Looks great!

You're gonna love HID's, I've been spoiled to them for about 6 years now!!
It's hard to drive a dumpy halogen headlight vehicle anymore...LOL!!

#17 ·
X2, I've never had a ballast failure on any of my HID's. Most of the kits are the Digital XtremeHid's from Xenondepot, I have one Bi-Xenon kit from a oddball company in a 95 F250 truck but it's been flawless too..

I know that many aftermarket ballasts are Epoxy Sealed now and can be ran underwater....that's one thing that causes problems in non-waterproof OEM ballasts. FYI- XenonDepot used to have a video of their HID ballast underwater while in operation with a bulb lit out of the water...

#21 ·
I like it. I am thinking about getting some for my harley headlights on my 01, but I am still at a lost on the color. I have PIAA lights on my road armor bumper and they are pure white. I'd like to match those, but I don't want any of that blue ricer tint crap. How does the 4300K compare?

#23 ·
Love it man! got the fog HID's for this truck here but waiting for the high/lows to arrive next week! got the 6000k, can't wait to see the difference

#28 ·
I have Retro-Solutions 4300k on my 06 (Thanks to Adam's advice) and i love them. Even put them on the ole ladies Nissan Xterra. Not to long ago i also got LED dome light replacement bulbs from them. Made the inside of my truck look awesome. I would def suggest Retro-solutions!

#38 ·
i went with the ddm 6K with 55 watt ballast with 6K fogs and i like the way they turned out.... (wish i woulda got the 4300 fogs for a little more white but fogs are always a little whiter than heads for some reason) also adam, i replaced my parking light bulbs with some white 360 led bulbs with an inline relay thing so they dont flicker fast and i like the look much much better.... just a bunch of white lights coming at ya!!

#39 ·
yes everything was retrosolutions about 312 total tax shipping etc that was for headlamp retrofit harnesses capacitor etc and foglamp kit harness capped bulbs etc all plug and play.the most difficult was headlamp disassembly itself ( not removal) but I am always up for a challange.retro very helpful with all my questions and choices.

Attachments

#44 ·
Looks sweet, man! Do those projectors have a rear facing LED to light up the housing? For some reason I think I read that they do. I was thinking a white LED for DRLs. We'll see though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.