Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Motorola Droid Apps. What do you have?

12K views 156 replies 35 participants last post by  coryjones 
#1 ·
Looking for some good stuff to put on there. What do you have?

#6 ·
What's advanced task killer?

#8 ·
I have a HTC Hero (droid phone), im still learning the whole apps things but got a few cool ones. There is a free dyno app kinda like dynolicious but different name. Police scanner is a fun one. You can get the "bump" app like the iphones, and you can actually use it with people that have iphones too. Not really useful but just kinda cool is the metal detector. I dont have my phone on me, its at home but i will see what else I have worth mentioning (besides all the sound boards lol)

#9 ·
I HATE droids. tried 2 of them and ended up back with the iphone. they were slow and I kept getting force closes on everything. Hopefully you guys have way better luck than I did.

Gare, awesomest app ever is Google Sky Map. Shows where all the stars, constellations, and planets are. The map actually moves with you and spins...whole 9 yards.

#12 ·
Thats what mine did till one day it was so slow it wouldnt function. I only had like 6 apps...tried the master reset deal which didnt work so they gave me a newer droid...same thing happened again so I stuck with Iphone. When the droid did work it was pretty cool, I was still trying to get used to it. Maybee in the future I will switch back, but What I got now works so Im leaving well enough aloneLOL

#13 ·
I am getting the HTC Incredible on Thursday. That should be a snappy phone with the 1 GHz snapdragon processor and such. I'm coming from a touch pro with windows mobile (which I like) so I hope the android system works good for me. I have heard cool things about google sky, I'm definitely going to try that one out. If you google "best droid apps" you come up with a lot of cool programs to try out.

#19 ·
First thing you need to do is download advanced task killer. When you open it hit the menu button and set it up to run when the screen shuts off. Since I set mine up to run like that it's so much better.

Next, download a batter widget. The battery meter that's stock on the droid is absolute garbage. My widget is on the homescreen.

Then either pandora or slacker, I'm sure you know what both are by now.

I found that the stock three screens to not be enough to lay out apps to quickly use and still be able to admire my background (a photo I took). So I downloaded Helix Launcher. It lets you have up to 7 screens. When you hit the home button on the phone it will ask which home you want to launch, android or helix, check the box at the bottom that says use this everytime and go to helix. Helix also lets you have four apps on the bottom by the app tray button that stay on every one of your homescreens.

The next one I downloaded was the Texts From Last Night widget and put it on one of my five screens.

Meebo Im, it integrates AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and even facebook chat into one app.

Multi SMS is good for updating lots of people in your phone book.

RingDroid lets you make ringtones from songs on the phone.

The Weather Channel app. It has animated radar, that's why I have it.

GPS speedo, just as it says, uses gps to calculate speed. My truck is off anywhere from 4-8 mph, I'm to lazy to fix it. So this is my speedometer.

Go to best buy and buy the the car mount/charger. It's forty bucks for the combo pack with both in it. Verizon wants 30 for the mount alone. It makes it just like a gps, except can answer calls and ####.

#21 ·
#24 ·
Oh boy, here goes, all the previous mentioned, as well as:

AK Notepad
Alarm Clock
Antivirus
Barcode Scanner
Bubble
Compass
Earth(Google Earth)
Goggles(Google Goggles)
Lookout(Security)
Mototorch LED
Movies
PdaNet
Pocket Auctions(eBay)
Quick Uninstaller
Shazam
WeatherBug
Where's my Droid

If you want some cool games try:
Armored Strike Lite
Defend Homeland
Gem Miner
idemolished
My Paper Airplane
Pocket Empires
Robo Defense FREE
Solitare

etc....best of all, none of those cost a penny. That's the highlights of most of what I have, I haven't bought a single app yet, and from what I've seen, the Lite(free) version of an app is usually pretty good.

Dave

#32 ·
I talked with a guy at verizon. They have the right to cut off your contract at any time. They way they tell is that the data usage rates go SKY HIGH, when it's tethered.
Thats what I was thinking, specially since they have a $15 a month fee for tethering. Just seems it would be harder to track now since the phone is full HTML like a PC where before it would be checking mobile sites vs regular pages, only thing I could think is if they would see Flash pages and such being accessed since the droid currently doesn't do flash.

I figured they would jump up a bit but I don't plan on using it for massive downloads or anything, and using it only in my truck. I have seen up to 3gb's a month or more already on my account and that was only using my phone. From what I have seen its already fairly high data usage compared to some others.

#34 ·
Gare, you get your phone yet? this thing is amazing after having the env touch- It actually works like I have always expected a smart phone to work.

#38 ·
Lmao i am using the droid as a tether now and have been for months. I don't have home internet. I jail broke mine so tethering is free not sure if they can see it or read this lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.