Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cab off procedure and turbo removal(cab on)

19K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JYFarmer 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Heading North right now and wondered if anyone could post a link or a write up of how to remove the cab or turbo removal (cab on). I know its on here somewhere but I dont have time to search for it. I would appreciate it if someone else can for me. Ill be up there in 3 hours and am still deciding on how to work on this thing. Ill owe someone a beer. Thanks Ryan:bow:

#13 ·
Thanks again for helping me.

After both pulling the cab and then having to do the turbos cab on. Im not too worried about doing it again. Having an EGR delete kit and jacking the cab a few inches w/o unhooking anything helps alot.

The procedure is in the Ford workshop manual. In it, it says something to the effect that this job sucks so bad that you should pull the cab. Not the case, you just have to be patient and work in the blind alot. The steps, torque specs, and half moon wrench/brand/torque spec chart is in it.

#10 ·
cab on turbo removel on a 6.4 aint too bad do most of them that way when i have to work on them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.