Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

*******'s rebuild a week before Mission, BC races......

13K views 86 replies 37 participants last post by  hypersnyper694788 
#1 ·
Well we figured this would be good for a laugh for everyone so here we go.....

Shawn's truck wasn't running so healthy after the Texas races so we decided to do a little investigating and our findings led us to believe that #6 piston had more than likely failed....AGAIN! And that we were gonna have to put yet another used piston in that hole like was done before our trip down to Maryland and TS last year....LOL

We are both quite impressed that the stupid thing lasted as long as it did! Goes to show that these motors are quite tough actually and can put up with alot of crap! :D

So anyways we got the motor pulled and heads removed and suprise, suprise....#6 piston is toast!! :(

But if all goes well it'll be back in action in a few days and then my truck is coming in the garage for a couple minor improvements and we should be at the Mission, BC races with two stupid fast 6 leakers!! :ford:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Couple more pics...

Attachments

#5 ·
Yeah hopefully they even work with a crappy stock 05 hpop......LOL

#6 ·
Well all but #6 cylinder is still std bore.....

Our pistons are cut pretty good for lower compression so stock pistons won't work but I'm sure he has enough used parts in the tickle trunk to slap her back together once again!

#10 ·
once upon a time i had fire rings, they broke, a piece went into the hole and beat dents everywhere in the top of the piston, replaced the head gasket but never touched the piston, this hole has been bad for a while and i was just waiting for this.

i hate when guys say my truck never breaks, well my truck does break, and once again we r into it:doh:, oh well, got a couple of used pistons kicking around, shove one in there for the nhrda event in mission, then tear it down and fix proberly:ford:

#13 ·
Yep, we'll be at the dyno event. We plan on putting my truck on the rollers with the 430's in it and see what it puts out. Should be interesting to say the least.....

#15 ·
Can't wait too see her run again Shawn. See you guys in your neck of the woods this time!!

#16 ·
Y'all pull the engine out of the front instead of lifting the cab?

#17 ·
Yep, kinda hard to lift the cab with no hoist and in a back garage behind the house.....we aren't called the ******** for nothing! LOL

#24 ·
So what's causing number 6 to keep going?

#25 ·
Lol...I'm kinda thinking its because that cylinder is worn bad thus less compression, and slop in the piston to wall clearance, etc. Its gonna get fixed properly after these Mission races but for now it'll get a used piston to bang around in there for a bit and hopefully Shawn can lower the bar a little more in Mission with his beast!

#28 ·
Well here's the update guys...since Shawn got real sick a couple days ago he never got anything done on his motor but he's coming around and actually did something today....

Found some interesting carnage when the motor was disassembled further though...#6 piston kinda self distructed a bit and broke some rings and also one lifter was kinda in pieces in the motor....:(

No worries though, the new piston will be done at the machine shop tomorrow and this pig should be up and running in a few days as long as Shawn doesn;t come down with yet another freak illness.

Leaving for Mission next Thursday so we have a week...should be doable I think! :D

Attachments

#31 ·
That little plate on top is important. It's actually a metered orrifice to the pushrod feed.

That ring damage is interesting. Have you been looking at what the second ring gap has been?

If you run it too tight it will build pressure between them and unseat the top ring.

#30 ·
Dang. :eek: but it looks like you guys know what your doing so I think you will have it ready for Mission :D

#41 ·
Dry sump that thing or put on a second belt driven pump that just feeds the hpop. With a dry sump and a vacuum in the crankcase you can run the pistons looser in the bore!

#36 ·
Shawn's (redneck6.0) runs 10's now on nitrous...
Tyler's (Canadian) ran really low 12's on fuel... should be faster now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.