Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Next Va GTG

3K views 53 replies 15 participants last post by  Sniper32 
#1 ·
Warm weather is coming, so lets start planning. Need some ideas on location this time, for everyone we try to do one in all locations North East South and west so its fair for everyone who got ideas.

#3 ·
That sounds good mini- Vacation and FISHING!!

#4 ·
Events that envolve longer distance like day travel time, your gonna have to pick a day and see who is able to attend. OBX is more like a 5 to 6 hr drive from up here which means 10 hours total so not really much time to hang around and bs and wrench. Its easier to plan something more towards 3 hrs or less like a one day event. If you want to do the OBX thing that it been like a weekend event that be kool.

#5 ·
Ok guys post up some other ideas. Wythville was 6 hours for me and I couldn't make it. If you have one on the west side of the state it will be too far for guys out east and so on. Where else would you guys like to have one and what day of the week works best, Saturday? Would a location near central VA be best for the turnout.

#13 ·
I lived in Richmond for a year and a half but I pretty much stayed on the southside. Let me do some thinking and see what I can come up with. I think the idea would be, somewhere that we can be around the trucks and not just park them and then go into a park.

#14 ·
Ch-ville is a little crowded but not sure where the best to get together is. Fishing, grilling, or maybe a pull event.

#16 ·
That sounds good. Richmond its where we normally do one, one in Va beach, and one in Northern Va, basicly who ever host, In Northern Va I tend to host a Mod Party at my house so wrenching and parking in always good but thats later. Brian where you at

#17 ·
i'm located in chesterfield about 10 min east from the I288/ 76(powhite) interchange south richmond. we could grill at my house, i don't have a garage but have tools.. or up the road is a hooters, mulligans sports bar, rockwood park, sunday park, things like that..or just chill and bs at my house drink beer, hot dogs and hamburgers or what ever.. i can pm my address for mapquest..

on edit: my parents have some property in goochland, plenty of field to park and tail gate and my dads garage is decent with a compressor and some tools. my buddy up the road had a home made mud bogg if he hasn't drained it out...its about 40 min west of 295/288/64 interchange or about 30 min west from 288/ state route 6..

#19 ·
I'm down for it. Anyone willing to take the lead, get a location and set date time the rest will follow. Don't do like Rescue and post it up 24 hours early :poke:make it 2 weeks out or so.

#21 ·
i'll take the lead. i'm thinkin a saturday may15 or 22. we could meet at my house first, i'll bring some extra tools from work if any one wants to do some modding, and if that doesn't work at my place we can head up the road 5 min and go to hooters..

smokin 6.0--i live in a neighbor hood off reams road behind the elementary school

#22 ·
Sounds good to me! I shouldnt have any issues with those dates . BS and modding at your place, Hooters, and possibly some mud slinging! That sounds like an all around great day to me!

#23 ·
richmond is only about an hour and a half away for me, defenitly do-able for me.

#24 ·
Im 25 min from casper, Does anyone go to Brisendines pull? (Dragon motorsports park)

#25 ·
honestly never heard of it... where is it at?

#27 ·
May 15 sounds good to me Im free that day. May 22 I'll be at OBX for the East Coast Diesel Shoot Out.

Hope to have the truck out by next week if everything goes well.

#31 ·
I'm in waynesboro. Is there any projects that anybody needs done?

#33 ·
I need to replace my oil cooler in the near future, but im not sure if im going to try and do it or just get it done. i have a lot i wanna do but the wallet isnt that fat! guess the oil cooler is one of the more important ones.

#34 ·
I live about an hour from Harrisonburg in WV thats a close as ill get anybody. Any chance of having a gtg in Harrisonburg sometime?

#38 ·
theres been talk about having a GTG down in c-ville/richmond area here in a few weeks. i think i remember reading something about having one in harrisonburg beginning of june though if richmond is too far for you.

#37 ·
I can actually handle all of that myself. Well, I might need a hand with the heads. I am really just interested in help paying for grad school.

#39 ·
Why don't some the Harrisonburg and near members gtg and carpool to the Richmond gtg? I redid my oil cooler, just bring the new o-rings and gaskets and we should be able to redo it.

#40 ·
is the fix just o-rings and gaskets? not a new cooler?
This is my first diesel and i havent messed with much in the engine compartment, so i apologize in advance for being clueless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.