Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Here We Go Again

4K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Redfish 
#1 ·
Spring/summer 2008 redux. Diesel is over $3 and some say heading for $4.

Time to give the smoke a rest and squeeze some more MPG out of the truck.

#2 ·
:whs:

kinda true... just have to adjust the nut behind the wheel and tune down the smiles per gallon...

#4 ·
hey dave,

how many mpg is the tonnue cover good for? whats a good brand that will take some use, abuse, and SNOW?

thanks

#6 ·
not to bad... know any good name soft ones? i need to be able to roll it up for fold it up to get into the toolbox or throw #### in the bed

#8 ·
The extang roll up one has lasted me 4 years of snow and salt and rolling and all sorts of other crap, still has plenty of life left in it. It made a little bit of difference in MPG. Hope this helps. Not trying to derail here. Debating making a roll up aero covering, just not sure about losing the rear window to look out of. Saving up for trans upgrade, gear vendors and carbon fiber drive shaft.

Good luck
JP5

#9 ·
I just put the extang tool box tonneau on my truck two days ago and the LOM is showing huge differences. LOM says 20.3 on my stock truck in my sig. If i can keep my foot out of it and only have one regen i bet ill end this tank at 19. We shall see. I am also using fords cetane booster which seemd to limit regens from twice a tank without to once a tank with. I will soon be opening up the exhaust and running a stock no DPF/DOC tune. I am also going to work my way up from stock no dpf through the different levels of tunes and see if stock gets better MPG's, or a big race tune will. And Diesel is 2.83 where i am at...and creeping up:doh:

#11 ·
Yeah it is climbing back up but I have my doubts on it hitting $4, that would put crude into the 115-130 range. Well over the 83-86 range it has been playing in for a few weeks. Light sweet crude won't jump up that much, I don't think. The general economy is too depressed and the markets are too wish-washy for that kind of run up. IMHO.

#14 ·
Been 3.15 here for 3 weeks

#15 ·
2.96 here in middle tn.. 1.5mpg with a bed cover? can you get that out of a soft cover??

#17 ·
Around $2.95 here in central Texas. I agree with Cowboy Dan that there has been little said about it rising in price. This is probably due to the fact that the "precidence" has been set from that summer when I paid around $4.75/gal so anything less is nothing new. Above $3.00 -$3.50 I think we will hear some talk/coverage of it.

#25 ·
Global economy is too depressed still for a major run up, US inventory of fuel is still way too bad logged.

#26 ·
Gone down 10 cents here over 2 days. Still at 3.04 though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.