6.0L Won't Start. HELP! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 AM
FORD350GA
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

6.0L Won't Start. HELP!

Hi, I'm new to forum and need help. I have a 2005 F-350 with a 6.0L. Went out the other morning and it would turn over fine, but wouldn't start. In Nov 09 had EGR, EGR Cooler, HPOP replaced. Not a minutes trouble since that fix until now. Gave code P06111 on Saturday, checked oil pressure today and it's good. Sprayed WD40 in intake, fired up and then quickly died. Any and all help is appreciated....
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 04:45 AM
m-chan68
m-chan68
Member's Gallery

Re: 6.0L Won't Start. HELP!

P0611 is the infamous FICM death code. In plain English, the FICM needs to be replaced. P0611 means that the PCM "saw" FICM_M power drop to less than 45 volts. Peak FICM_M voltage is anywhere between 47.5 to 49.0 volts. Given the fact that your truck doesn't start and/or stay running at all, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that FICM_M on your truck has dropped to as low as the 20s.

Ford Diesel/Senior/Master Tech

....who works at a dealership that employs the most hideous looking female employees

....but loves hot women with big boobies

....and hates working on E-Series with 6.0L
Old 04-07-2010, 11:38 AM
FORD350GA
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

I had it taken to a friends shop yesterday. Can we check the FICM voltage on the scanner?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
TAMU_PSD
PETE ENGR PSD
Member's Gallery

Here's a write up on it:

FICM pictures by DrQuad - Photobucket

Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
m-chan68
m-chan68
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD350GA View Post
I had it taken to a friends shop yesterday. Can we check the FICM voltage on the scanner?
Check your FICM_L, FICM_M and FICM_V data while it's at Key-On/Engine-Off and while you crank the engine over as you attempt to start the engine. What are the readings you get under both of the following conditions?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
FORD350GA
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

It's at the shop now getting tested. I'll post those readings as soon as I get them. Thanks for ya'lls help so far...
Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 PM
FORD350GA
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Truck update

Wanna start by saying m-chan68 has been big help in diagnosing my trucks problem. We have narrowed it down to the FICM and today I'll be taking the old one out and hopefully borrowing a good one to stick in. If I can't borrow one, then I'll be re-soldering the old one.

If anybody has any experience with this or helpful tips please send them my way.

Thanks TAMU PSD for the info. With that link you sent and a cold 12 pack what can go wrong?!?!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke Racer
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert
Member's Gallery

If the FICM checks out, you may want to replace the IPR, we have had 2 that were running fine, shut them off and no restart.
put a new IPR in and they run fine.
or at least pull the IPR and verify the screen is not torn.
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination. Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:31 PM
bismic1
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
If the FICM checks out, you may want to replace the IPR, we have had 2 that were running fine, shut them off and no restart.
put a new IPR in and they run fine.
or at least pull the IPR and verify the screen is not torn.
Good advice, but unfortunately if the screen is torn then there is probably something else wrong as well .......
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A w/ Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
Old 05-05-2010, 07:33 AM
FORD350GA
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Well, I ended up ordering a 58V FICM from Swamps. It took them about a week to send me one, which I thought was pretty good. We installed it today and she fired up on the first try! She is running GREAT and I am very pleased with Swamps and all there staff.

Thanks guys for all your input, you've all been a big help. This is my first diesel truck and this forum has taught me alot.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 35
1995f350, 50gstroked, 7.3-6.0-6.4, a6space, Banjo, beauregard77, brute_mt, bryan.d, cartmanea, cb1, DIYJUNKY, fobrnno, FORD350GA, FTAJ, gator, ghostrw, goesthrutires, hildebrand, jjwise, joshua5438, Justin.taylorfarms, keanoknick, Kountryboy 6.0, m-chan68, MFD T-3, namerritt, sanocafire20, slippydaman, smokin habit, strokeit06, Strokin304, timar, toolmangary, Wartboy, yamanub