Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

'06 6.0 blowing white smoke

14K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  smokinstroke 
#1 ·
2006 f-250 with 83,000 KM blowing white smoke..
no aftermarket preformance add on's of any kind, and hasn't been overheated.
I have heard of a coolant bypass that empties into the exhaust? any one know of this or other repair ideas
Thanks!

#4 ·
yeah check and see if you are losing coolant and if you have any leaks, like venting from degas bottle, if no leaks but you are losing coolant remove your egr valve and see if it is wet. if so put a coolant psi tester on it and jack up the rear of the truck and look down the egr valve hole if it fills with water you most likely have a blown egr cooler and possably a bad oil cooler. if you have a scanner you can monitor EOT and ECT they can't differ 25 degrees apart from each other if so oil cooler is bad as well. but depending on miles you will be better off changing both coolers at the same time. also dont forget to change the screen filter under the oil cooler it is most likey ripped.

#6 ·
my exhaust smells too. when my truck is cold it smokes a whitish blue color. i let it warm up for ten minutes and it stops, but when i start driving it it will stutter a bit and when it studders the smoke comes back. but when teh truck is real warm it won't do it?????? it feels like it is missing power can someone help me?

#7 ·
Just do yourself a favor and do an full EGR delete, that way you dont have to worry about the damn thing anymore, thats what i did and im happy, no more EGR worries.

#9 ·
guarantee??

#14 ·
i was told bad egr and oil cooler and after changing that is got worse, #7 injector bad ended up being costly repair for one bad injector

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.