Coolant Filter for 6.4 instructions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Vendor Alley > Dieselsite
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:39 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Coolant Filter for 6.4 instructions

Hey Folks,
Can you email me or upload a copy of the instructins for the coolant filter kit for the 6.4L? I need one to discuss with my Dealers service department to get their approval of it so it wont void the warranty. They seem to be good so far but have some questions on install. That would really help if you could.
If you need my email then just let me know and I'll pm it to you.
Thanks
Mike B.

ROLL TIDE!
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Sahrens0202
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: Coolant Filter for 6.4 instructions

Can you pm the info to me too?I was just going to ask in the vendors section if there was any thing like this. Can you include price and what all comes with it? Thanks!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:56 AM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahrens0202 View Post
Can you pm the info to me too?I was just going to ask in the vendors section if there was any thing like this. Can you include price and what all comes with it? Thanks!!!
Considering that one of the big failures of the 6.4 is cavatation behind waterpump front cover that puts aluminum shavings into the oil cooler then eventually the entire engine. This is one of the more "no-brainer" upgrades.

I just know that the Dealers are sensitive about anything affecting the coolant function. My Dealer is very interested in this device.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Sahrens0202
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Yeah, that is kinda what I was thinking.What are a few other no brainer upgrades iyo?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:21 AM
DIESELSITE
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Click on the link here https://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=799 and print it out and take it to your dealer. I would be more than happy to answer any questions they might have if they are interested and want to call me.

I've never heard of any dealer ever giving someone crap about a coolant filter. You'd have to try real hard to find an excuse that cleaner coolant hurt something. We have some Ford dealerships that buy them and others that simply recommend them to their customers.

We've been thinking about a "member" area on our website that you can sign in and download electronic version of instructions, etc. We just don't have anything like that right now.

Thanks, Bob

Proud Sponsor of Powerstrokenation.com
GOT DIESEL?® Tech Line 352-257-1669
Old 03-16-2010, 03:20 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELSITE View Post
Click on the link here https://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=799 and print it out and take it to your dealer. I would be more than happy to answer any questions they might have if they are interested and want to call me.

I've never heard of any dealer ever giving someone crap about a coolant filter. You'd have to try real hard to find an excuse that cleaner coolant hurt something. We have some Ford dealerships that buy them and others that simply recommend them to their customers.

We've been thinking about a "member" area on our website that you can sign in and download electronic version of instructions, etc. We just don't have anything like that right now.

Thanks, Bob
Bob,
Did you mean for us to print out the Description? I could not find a link for the actual copy of install instructions that comes with the kit. I have already printed out the description.
Thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahrens0202 View Post
Yeah, that is kinda what I was thinking.What are a few other no brainer upgrades iyo?
It appears that the 6.4 has a low tolerance for water and other contaminants in the fuel system. The damage done seems to be very costly and at times can overwhelm the stock filter system. IF you search all the different site forums for this problem with 6.4's you'll see what I mean. Also, Ford will not warranty damage done by bad fuel.. So I'm putting on an Airdog filter/seperator system to help head off any really bad diesel.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Sahrens0202
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Is that the lift pump to or do they sell just a filter set? Thanks for the info btw
Old 03-19-2010, 12:45 PM
MudSouth
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Bob? Were you able to find an uploadable or PDF of the installation instructions?

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 70
08Ford, 08PowerSmoke, 64Diesel, 87jumpy, 8luggin, ARCTICCAT, big jon, BillyBob427, Blackharleyf250, Blk350on20s, bowtie540, bts, Bubba F350, bufasion, capt dong, cglenn, dau, dbs0026, deathfly, DieselKidd, dieseltech11, Dieslnevan2009, Doc_Ron, farmman57, fat tuna, Glavin, golfingnut, gomileshifi, graffittticoupe, graysuperduty, Happy Camper, jelvine1, jkidd_39, joe22790, jsturki, jughead, JuststrokeIT, KCMEADOWS, KR69IDI, KTP\MW, mbruce, mdfirefighter, mnwake, N2Lake, norris, oh-ate6.4PSD, Pcoz88, PDR Diesel Inc, PokinDaPower, redx, repoman207, riemer, Shaunc5, sirkdev, slowmans, SmoKingRanch, snopro_69, spence_08, Springtucky, strokinDa6.4, SyN, tripleblk03, wargle, White_monster, xltsp580, xrxmxcx, zabeard, zilla68