Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

KMC Rockstar Cracked!?

23K views 60 replies 42 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
Anyone have a KMC wheel Crack on them? I have one and its leaking air.

Cant even buy good China Chit these days...$380ish a piece and they still break!

I now have had 2 $400 a piece Welds crack and leak
and 1(so far) $380 KMC Chrome Rockstar crack and leak...
Im about to go with steel wheels soon and be done with the "high quality aluminum wheel" Crap we have to choose from!

Has anyone heard of american racing wheels having issues?
I dont mind spending money on GOOD QUALITY! Help me find a set of rims that the chrome wont start to flake, the center caps aren't $30 each and are plastic! and they wont crack and leak air.....becoming unsafe for me and my family!

#17 ·
no tot jink myself but i have the black rockstars. Is there a certain size that has been cracking more than others? I have the 20x10s and have over 30k miles on them.

#18 ·
I'm curious as to how rough people are on their trucks that have had wheels crack... no matter what the brand. *knock on wood, but I run the piss out of my truck off-road with 12" wide Classic II's and haven't had any trouble. What's causing these wheels to crack? Craftsmanship? Abuse? A little bit of both?

#20 ·
I'm curious as to how rough people are on their trucks that have had wheels crack... no matter what the brand. *knock on wood, but I run the piss out of my truck off-road with 12" wide Classic II's and haven't had any trouble. What's causing these wheels to crack? Craftsmanship? Abuse? A little bit of both?
They are made poorly,...and cannot take the weight of our trucks

#28 ·
CAT_REBEL, and PSD 2004....F OFF!

Maybe if I have enough money left over after buying new rims for my Excursion I could try and find an I-beam lying around for my front bumper like CAT_REBELS! I guess your brother/wife (PSD 2004) thinks it looks good.

Anyway to those that have shown some intellegence to this thread...Thanks, I guess I never paid any attention to wheel threads to see that they have been cracking for the last 4 years. Mine have been on for 2.5years and for about 30k....they are 20x10's...Maybe I'll go with some 22 floats this time.

#29 ·
CAT_REBEL, and PSD 2004....F OFF!

Maybe if I have enough money left over after buying new rims for my Excursion I could try and find an I-beam lying around for my front bumper like CAT_REBELS! I guess your brother/wife (PSD 2004) thinks it looks good.
You must be a smart one... Thats not an I-beam cat has :poke: LOLLOL

#30 ·
Not trying to get in the middle of anything but if Cat Rebel likes his bumper, then more power to him. Its his truck and his opinion is the only one that counts.

#31 ·
This is odd. A friend of mine with a dodge 4door has 20X12 black rockstars and just 2 weeks ago told me he got a crack in one of them.I never even heard of rockstars till I seen his truck. I'm gonna tell him to check the rest.

#32 ·
Bro just chill out, I was trying to be funny & you took it the wrong way. If I got that upset everytime someone made a comment to me about something I owned I'd end up being pissed at 2/3s of the site.

#34 ·
Ok Ok OK....sorry for loosing my cool a few posts ago! All in fun, I understand!

What is the feeling on the Pro Comp extreme alloys?

#35 ·
Is it just the Rockstars or do all XD series wheels have problems?

Brent.

#36 ·
Pretty sure Welds use to be good till american racing took over.Had several welds with big meats 40in and bigger and never had a problem.I have only heard of rockstars having problems in the xd line.If I remeber the xd series and motto metals are made by the same company.

#37 ·
This is why I originally bought my Forged Centerlines. I was gonna be towing alot and hauling heavy. I know guys who went through 2 weld super singles and I had broke a cast wheel on some rocks. I dont haul like that anymore so now I have Moto Metal's :doh:

Atleast I still have my centerlines,lol

#39 ·
That's why I went with Centerlines as well, wanted something I knew would be strong and trouble free. May not be the latest style, but I like 'em and got a set of 20x10 chrome Grizzlies with s/s caps shipped to my door for around 1100 (if memory serves) from their overstock site.

edit: Just looked at the Centerline site, seems the prices have gone up a bit since I bought mine 2 years ago... For once it looks like I got a good deal on something! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.