Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

dually spacers?

7K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
I want to run a tad bit bigger tire.... like a 255 or 265 and I know I will need a rear spacer.
? is, will the spacers affect the towing ratings? meaning are they able to handle the serious loads that would be put in the truck? I tow pretty heavy and I dont want to worry about the spacers snapping or somethin!

I was thinking like a 2" spacer but I dont know if that would be overkill or if they even make anything smaller?

Where would I find some spacers?

Thanks
~Jim

#2 ·
we did some on a lifted dually. they were 2 inch ones and the tires were 325/80-16. he had about an inch between them. internet is always a good place to find them. i would imagine the towing rating or weight rating would be affected because of the added stress

#6 ·
You will not need a spacer for 255's. There is enough room even loaded to the max for 255's. Now for 265's you will need a spacer, you can get a 1.5" spacer. The ones I have are hubcentric. The hubcentric is a little harder to install, after you remove the outer wheel, you pull the axel out, install the spacer and replace the axel, then bolt the outer wheel to the spacer.

I have had 7200 lbs in the bed of the truck and the spacers had no issues. They have been on the truck for 4 years.

#10 ·
Wheel Spacers by Fearless Fred Goeske! He's the guy who started it all with www.wheeladapters.com. Just fill out his form on his website and he'll personally call you back and answer any questions you have. I've had his for over 5 years now and have had ZERO problems. He also makes them to order and they're hub/wheel centric for our wheels. I haven't heard of anybody else offering their wheel spacers as hub/wheel centric. And trust me...you want them to be!

#14 ·
#16 ·
I got mine from a guy down in Universal City. 6160 T6 aluminum. Fred Goresk? I think was his name. Paid 250 for them. I'll try and find his contact info, I paid cash so I don't have a recipt.

I found him by doing an internet search for spacers, he was close enough for me to drive down and see him and talk with him. He showed me some of the other guys spacers, then he showed me one of his that had been in a wreck. The factory ALCOA was destroyed and his spacer was still bolted to it with no damage. I was sold at that moment.

#20 ·
Fred also gave me a lifetime warranty on my wheel spacer than if I ever broke them he'd replace them. I've beat my truck to hell and back and never had to honor that warranty. Great guy to talk to about his racing days also. He's also not a pushy salesman either. He knows his customers sell his stuff for him! :D

#24 ·
How wide are you planning to go? With 12.5" wide tires only a 2" wheel spacer is needed. 13.5" needs 3", and etc.

#26 ·
Just remember that you want a minimum of 1" gap in between the tires for proper cooling and for the tires to squat when carrying a load.

#27 ·
some people think it's ok to touch. i don't, mine are close, i need spacers. it's a bitch picking out rocks all the time, it's hard on the side walls when you drive around for awhile with rocks stuck
inbetween. 1 in is a good minumum, i'm with you on that.

they do ride rough, i had them on my f450 but, they went 80k.
i would investigate 22.5, probably really rough!

#28 ·
I would like to get 19.5's but I need to get a leveling kit first.
In the mean time I could get some 245's, or 255's without spacers huh?

#30 ·
yeah, but at the same time I want the tire to last since I do alot of highway hauling and driving. Like blk99 said, I don't want to have to worry about the spacers when towing really heavy :poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.