Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Sub box anyone?

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  TBarrsTruck 
#1 ·
Built this recently and it houses two amps and two JL subs. Takes the exact place of the rear set fro my extended cab. Sounds awesome! Bolts onto the factory brackets.

See less See more
#3 ·
thats real nice. Those fit shallow amps or full size? Looks like what I wanted to do to mine only way nicer.

#5 ·
Thanks, I was happy with how it turned out. Can't fold it cause my wires are too short cause some ####er cut them when they stole the last one, it wasn't bolted in. live and learn. They are all full size components

#8 ·
yeah I did that for about 2 days, then decided I'd rather have my truck than subs, gave em to Joebob for a less than a 1/3 of what I paid for em a few weeks before.....

#7 ·
did something similar in my 78 F150 reg cab, gotta love it!

#9 ·
I had a 10" Type-R in a ported box that fit perfectly inbetween the driver and passanger seat on the floor. turned my truck into a two seater which sucked even more. So now I've got a rockford 10" P3S in a Rockford truck box. Sound spretty good.

#11 ·
never turn down work! you otta put one in the white truck on your avatar:D

#13 ·
Cool! Does the rear seat still have bottom foam, and do you have any more pics/measurements?

I've been wanting to do this to mine for awhile, but I still need to use the rear seat on occasion.

Dave

#14 ·
We could certainly try to work something out with the sd! Yes the seat is still a seat and still has foam on it, it's just as comfy as the factory one with the same leg room. Only sits a inch or two taller so if your over 6' might not be the best place for ya!

#16 ·
:whs:
Kind of interested in seeing this set up. Ill take a pic of mine later. I have a box that sits on the back bench where the armrest is at. it looks alright but when two people are sitting back there its kind of a barrier between them and thats why i dont like. but then again it keeps people from cuddling in my back seat so it aint all that bad.

#17 ·

#19 ·
think I was asking $350 for a bare box, need the specs for the subs you'll be running. And $400 for one done with carpet. Unloaded of course. Plus shipping

#21 ·
Not bad I'm 6'2" and I've rode back there. Just gotta sit at a bit of an angle. Front to back it's the same. Just a couple inches taller. Does hit very hard. You can see the mono and the 4channel amp in the middle area. Got focals all around for doors. Makes well over 150db clearly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.